Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

It's not necessarily about turning face, it's getting over the wrestler's passion. Crying with delight at a title win gets over what a big deal the title win is. Flair may have had a tear in his eye, but he wasn't talking about celebrating the title win with his mother. The only person who could have gotten away with that as Shelton Benjamin during that whole "Mama Benjamin" run.

It also depends on what kind of 'heel' they are in some ways. Just because someone's a bad guy, doesn't mean they hate on their family or on wrestling or whatever else. Alexa hates Becky as she should do, but why wouldn't she be loving the fact she's champion and she got to celebrate with her mum etc? It's easy to make it a logical situation. Kevin Owens is a family man for example, and sure he's more of a 'cool' heel than anything, but still. He'll destroy Sami Zayn on a weekly basis and do horrendous things but he'll do it for his family.

Is it defending or discussing?

Was it down to her? Do we know what those going on the show are allowed to do or directed to do etc? No, we don't, so I won't be shitting all over anyone.

Has anything come out about anyone being angry at Alexa for breaking character or anything like that? Not that I've read.

I'm not blaming her, although people have to take some responsibility for their on screen characters and the consistency of them. but someone made the decision to do that. It just didn't sit well with me. It's not a 'shoot' show as evidenced by Miz and Elsworth. It can't be real one minute and fake the next. 

It's almost as if wrestling exists in this strange world between reality and fiction. These men and women play fictional characters on TV yet often use elements of their real lives to further bolster their persona. How many times have we seen wrestlers real-life wife and kids in the audience for example. They even get brought in for the occasional storyline, remember that awful Eddie/Rey feud or how about Judy Bagwell ?

What I'm saying is, it isn't really that odd that Alexa Bliss has a mum that she loves, despite being a heel. I know plenty of people in real life that are right bastards but I'm sure they love their mum and dad very much and would be happy to show it on the right occasion.

She snapped back into heel mode when Becky was mentioned. Perfectly acceptable to me. After 2 years of flowers and group hugs on NXT between the women after matches, crying over winning belt backstage is fuck all to complain about

It also depends on what kind of 'heel' they are in some ways. Just because someone's a bad guy, doesn't mean they hate on their family or on wrestling or whatever else. Alexa hates Becky as she should do, but why wouldn't she be loving the fact she's champion and she got to celebrate with her mum etc? It's easy to make it a logical situation. Kevin Owens is a family man for example, and sure he's more of a 'cool' heel than anything, but still. He'll destroy Sami Zayn on a weekly basis and do horrendous things but he'll do it for his family.

The difference here though is that Kevin Owens uses the "I'm a prize fighter, I do it to feed my family" as the flimsy justification for assaulting his former best friend and taking his title. It's he used that personal part of him to push the dispicable parts of his character.

The difference here though is that Kevin Owens uses the "I'm a prize fighter, I do it to feed my family" as the flimsy justification for assaulting his former best friend and taking his title. It's he used that personal part of him to push the dispicable parts of his character.
Doesn't mean Alexa or any other heel character needs to bring up family love etc on a constant basis. Natalya loves her pets and Tyson Kidd. Brock Lesnar has a family. Not all heels are treated as cold blooded killers without a personal life or a care in the world. Especially not these days.

This is going to sound strange because I did enjoy the card, but the highlight of the night for me was the first few seconds of Orton and Wyatt's entrance theme, running through brief snippets from Randy's past tunes before screeching to a halt for the rhythmic intro to Bray's. Very effective, and rendered moreso by the fact it was opening the show without any prelude to the match, so there was that genuine moment of confusion that contributed to the atmosphere.

He's lucky it was just his tights and not his whole ass that he ripped open from that.

Only on a wrestling forum will you read a sentence like this.

Shocking thing is I'm actually not %100 behind Ellsworth losing. Sure it's more like %98 but there is a nagging thought in the back of my head saying shock upset which is a credit to how well everything has played out.

There's no way of asking this without sounding harsh, but the curiosity is killing me so I'll come right out and say it: How have you gotten this far into your life with the belief that percentage symbols are written before the numbers? The rest of your post indicates no other linguistic quirks or serious, documentary-worthy learning difficulties, so my enquiring mind is clawing to make sense of it. Are you a filthy foreigner, raised by Syrian wolves and sent to destroy our culture and customs? Explain yourself. (Please.)

They've been doing it more and more since the brand split but I only noticed on this PPV how much I miss the hard cam. Everything is a moving or angled shot now. I'm almost certain not a single hard cam shot is used anymore during matches and I'm seemingly able to confirm this to myself through trying to picture some of the matches involving newer call ups with a traditional hard cam and not being able to.

Kind of makes me sad :(.

• Paid Members

They've been doing it more and more since the brand split but I only noticed on this PPV how much I miss the hard cam. Everything is a moving or angled shot now. I'm almost certain not a single hard cam shot is used anymore during matches and I'm seemingly able to confirm this to myself through trying to picture some of the matches involving newer call ups with a traditional hard cam and not being able to.

Kind of makes me sad :(.

They only use the angled hard-cam to differentiate Smackdown. The normal one is used on Raw. They change camera about14 times a second but it's still there.

I thought that at first but didn't notice any hard cam on Raw this week! Oh well, like you say it's probably the constant inertia of them switching shots. Their vision mixer needs a Slammy for sheer effort. 

• Paid Members

I suggested this somewhere else a while ago, but I can't shake the feeling Roadblock would be far more intriguing if the main event was Reigns & Rollins vs. Jericho & Owens in a tag, but with the title on the line.

Reigns or Rollins can win the title by pinning/submitting either opponent. Jericho can't win the belt, only defend on behalf of his "best friend".

The main angle in the whole thing has been the apparent breakdown of the Jericho/Owens relationship. Couple that with the uneasy renewed alliance between the two former Shield partners, there's a bunch of subplots to play with.

I don't feel like Reigns & Owens have feuded at all,  Jericho & Rollins barely (and we've had the Survivor Series team-up since their issue really began at HitC.