Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

I suggested this somewhere else a while ago, but I can't shake the feeling Roadblock would be far more intriguing if the main event was Reigns & Rollins vs. Jericho & Owens in a tag, but with the title on the line.

Reigns or Rollins can win the title by pinning/submitting either opponent. Jericho can't win the belt, only defend on behalf of his "best friend".

The main angle in the whole thing has been the apparent breakdown of the Jericho/Owens relationship. Couple that with the uneasy renewed alliance between the two former Shield partners, there's a bunch of subplots to play with.

I don't feel like Reigns & Owens have feuded at all,  Jericho & Rollins barely (and we've had the Survivor Series team-up since their issue really began at HitC.

the basis of the story makes sense, but world championship defended in tag match is very WCW. and shouldn't Reigns and Rollins be fighting rather than tagging if one of them can get the belt? you could tell a similar enough story with a fatal-4-way match

Edited by sj5522

yeah its only the women's match and Zayn v Strowman that's got me at all buzzing. they could easily make the women main event again, as the Owens/Reigns 'feud' has been practically non-existent but I doubt they will twice in a row when the Universal title is still in the state it's in. Think it's only main evented Clash of Champions since Owens won it

Throwing Reigns back into the title picture just for the hell of it is quite dull. 

Whilst I agree and it is a little lazy, who should be fighting Owens for the title? Rollins again? I guess Jericho, but we will probably see them fight early in 2017. Zayn is stuck in the midcard and should lose to Strowman on the same show as Owens/Reigns.

• Paid Members

What would make Reigns Vs Owens interesting would have been announcing Jericho as ref a few weeks ago when he and Kev were on the same page, then watching the scenario unfold with Owens trying to keep him sweet in order to try and retain the advantage during the match. Is Jericho going to side with Owens, is he going to call it straight down the middle? Will he favour Reigns out of spite? Will Rollins get involved to try and counteract what he perceives as a screwjob for Reigns? There'd be potential for some interesting moments during the match.

I reckon Sasha/Charlotte will end in a draw, so that Charlotte doesn't 'lose' on PPV (keeping her record intact) and Sasha retains, also means they can move on and end the feud with Charlotte having an excuse that she never really lost the match but at the same time Sasha saying she didn't win it. 

Edited by Briefcase

• Paid Members

I think it was simply whoever Owen or Yoko might have beat, that they would only get that person's title.

From looking at that photo as well, those really are the three best looking versions of the World, Intercontinental and Tag Team Championships aren't they?

Edited by WeeAl

Whoever got the fall would take the Title from whoever they beat. Match was screwy as hell from what I can remember and was a bit shit in the end.

Owen no showed on the night so Bulldog took his place.

Late in the match Owen ran in but was clobbered and pinned by Diesel to win the tag titles.

Decision was overturned on Raw because Owen was not officially part of the match.

Owen and Yoko lost the titles to The Smoking Gunns that very same Raw I think.