Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

Completely agree with the comments regarding the build to Reigns/Rusev. I don't tend to keep up with RAW, but didn't their feud begin with Reigns interrupting the whole wedding shenanigans, implying he fucked Lana, and then shoving her into a cake?

Reigns did interrupt their celebration and pushed her into the cake, but he didn't imply that he fucked her. You're confusing that with the time The Rock did his Babyface Acts Like Cunt To Rusev bit a year ago or so.

Completely agree with the comments regarding the build to Reigns/Rusev. I don't tend to keep up with RAW, but didn't their feud begin with Reigns interrupting the whole wedding shenanigans, implying he fucked Lana, and then shoving her into a cake?

Reigns did interrupt their celebration and pushed her into the cake, but he didn't imply that he fucked her. You're confusing that with the time The Rock did his Babyface Acts Like Cunt To Rusev bit a year ago or so.

Apparently they all look the same to AdamTH17. Tsk.  :glare:

• Paid Members

I just hope they don't feel the pressure of main eventing and do something dangerous. Not sure how I feel about a HIAC for a feud that isn't that hot. Be interesting to see how it pans out.

Owens getting bailed out by HHH is not only predictable but it destroys any credibility Owens has left. A swerve and Rollins getting the help would get major heat though.

Ah, you're correct.

Gotten my sexual-related insults muddled, Reigns instead came out and implied poor Rusev suffered from erectile dysfunction.

Didn't Reigns have the corker of a line, of "I didn't make it personal"? There's no possible way that any of the writers actually follow their own programming and storylines based on that one sentence.

No chance the women will main event if they haven't firmly let us know that already on Raw, no chance Steph or pervy Foley wouldn't want to basque in that moment of glory

Ah, you're correct.

Gotten my sexual-related insults muddled, Reigns instead came out and implied poor Rusev suffered from erectile dysfunction.

Didn't Reigns have the corker of a line, of "I didn't make it personal"? There's no possible way that any of the writers actually follow their own programming and storylines based on that one sentence.

He was winking at Lana during one match with Rusev for no apparent reason.

Based on Raw last week I think the writers had actually forgot there was one more show before HIAC and ended up cobbling any of shit together.

Great show tonight I thought. Well paced out with just about perfect match placement throughout, and nothing disappointed. You could tell they wanted the table spots to go slightly better in the main event and I have to pick a bit and say I think it was probably the wrong result, but the match was still a great effort and spectacle.

Maybe I'm getting lenient in my old age but 2016 WWE is pushing all the right buttons with me. I don't subject myself to the full 5 TV hours in a week but through YouTube, podcasts and Talking Smack I feel fully informed without being bored, and I can't remember the last time I didn't enjoy a PPV. These single brand PPVs have all been pretty satisfying so far too.

• Paid Members

Given it's proximity to Halloween, did they go with a related set at all given it is HELL in a cell? Just wondering if I can justify watching it after work to my girlfriend on the basis that it's a Halloween thing because otherwise she's going to have me watching stupid scary movies.

• Paid Members

Great show tonight I thought. Well paced out with just about perfect match placement throughout, and nothing disappointed. You could tell they wanted the table spots to go slightly better in the main event and I have to pick a bit and say I think it was probably the wrong result, but the match was still a great effort and spectacle.

Great is pushing it. There was nothing wrong with it but it was just sort of there. I put that down to the lack of anticipation and the complete and utter pointlessness of Hell In A Cell in 2016.

Agree on the pacing though. Did a good job of not burning the crowd out. Good finish to the tag title match. Really hope Sheamus/Cesaro win the belts. I'm into their story because it's one of the few they are telling.

Loved the Lesnar/Goldberg package. How can they not see that this is the way to advance big matches instead of wheeling out the same shit time after time. They do things like this great. Goldberg's on Raw tonight.

Kevin Owens might be a worse WWE Champion than Seth Rollins. Although at least they're going somewhere with his chicken shit run.

Maybe I'm getting lenient in my old age but 2016 WWE is pushing all the right buttons with me. I don't subject myself to the full 5 TV hours in a week but through YouTube, podcasts and Talking Smack I feel fully informed without being bored, and I can't remember the last time I didn't enjoy a PPV. These single brand PPVs have all been pretty satisfying so far too.

I think this is a key point. WWE rarely put on a bad PPV, certainly from an in-ring perspective. If you take yourself away from the tedium of three hours every Monday (even FF'ing through it in 45 mins hammers home how uninteresting it is) then you'd enjoy it more.

• Paid Members

I'm really enjoying Sheamus & Cesaro as a team. I was gutted they didn't win the belts.

I thought it was a bit stupid that Reigns fought out of that Accolade on the steps using the chain and retained. He needs time on the shelf or something.

Even the crowd could smell the cruiserweight title change coming when Kendrick started with the "bad wheel" shenanigans, he played it well, though.

I think people are waiting for the Michaels/Diesel "breakdown in communication" between Owens & Jericho now. I think Jericho as face having a little series with Owens could help rebuild him after numerous weaksauce finishes to his title defences. 

That powerbomb spot and the awful stretcher job took me out of the main event. The "emt"s failing to even know how to get a neckbrace on Sasha Banks and her going from unable to stand under her own strength to climbing the cell for a double knee and hitting the three amigos was a touch over the top for me. At least she didn't win, but where do you go for the rematch? Are we going Last Woman Standing?