Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

BoogeyMan has still not paid back HOPE wrestling the money they forked out for him no-showing.

Boogey has blocked HOPE on Twitter but fans are still letting him and Triple H (apparently Boogey has re-signed with WWE) have it!

https://twitter.com/HOPEWrestling?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I don't get he says he couldn't buy his daughter a present because boogeyman hasn't paid him back for not showing up, but surely if he did show up he wouldn't have had the money anyways? Or am I missing something?
He might have issued refunds to distraught fans and been left out of pocket on the show as a whole, or at least without the kind of profit he'd been banking on.

Edit: Just realised this conversation's in the wrong thread, due to similar titles.

Edited by Uncle Zeb

That's the one. I thought it was a great match. Was it in San Antonio by any chance?

Yeah, San Antonio. It was a great match. Fond memories of that Bischoff era. It started to become something really great to tune into again towards the end of 2003. You had Orton spitting at Foley around then as well, which was quite hot at the time. The show ended up being a 5 hour borefest for the most part but the idea that it was going to be the 20th anniversary of WrestleMania hung like a shadow for months, there. People thought anything could happen. I remember people at the time booking fantasy scenarios where Bret hopped in and rang the bell for the Benoit win. 'Taker coming back with his entire Ministry. It was all overzealous fantasy booking but still quite a fun time.

I'm not excited by anything on this PPV, sadly. I'll still probably watch it in bed as it's a bank holiday and I'll be crashed out from some Halloween do the night before so hopefully it'll deliver some goods and I can go order a pizza at like 12pm. I hate how a Hell In The Cell PPV takes place during pink ropes month :(.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

So Hell In A Cell tonight, not really been watching raw the past few weeks aside from Goldbergs return, whats the chances of this being a decent show?

Got the day off tomorrow so toying with the idea of staying up to watch it, but as RAW has been dull as fuck its hardly left me interested.

Any chance of any suprises, and have they confirmed what the main event is yet?

I feel like it's going to be a great show. It's been overshadowed a little by Survivor Series hype, between Goldberg/Lesnar and the Raw/SD elimination matches.

3 HIAC matches seems like overkill on the surface, but I believe they'll be vastly different matches based on the wrestlers involved. Plus a decent undercard with stuff like Perkins/Kendrick and Bayley/Dana. Really, it all looks at least decent on paper.

I have a feeling that Jericho will cost Owens the championship tonight.  I'm actually looking forward to seeing how the event plays out.  Not really interested in Reigns V Rusev though, I'm tired of seeing those two go at it.  I expect that match will probably open the show.

• Paid Members

For how long it's been going and the intensity of the matches, Reigns and Rusev should feel like a major feud ender but it's way short of feeling significant at all. Banks and Charlotte probably feels the most fitting for the cell but even then, the "deserve it" shite being the focus rather than the hatred has ruined it. Owens/Rollins is a match I couldn't give a shit about. I'd rather watch Jim Duggan in WCW than this.

The match I'm most looking forward to is Sami Zayn vs Braun Strowman, and I don't even think that's on the show. Tag title match should be fun. I've lost interest in all three of the cell match feuds, I'd expect them to all be good on the night though.

Incidentally talking of snoozefests HBK/Cena that went an hour was horrible.

You could not be more wrong. Only idiots like Pitcos don't appreciate how good that was.

It was a great one for the stopwatch fetishists, especially UK-based ones. WWE done a workrate over here! Kevin Dunn gave them enough time for once! I wasn't a fan of any Cena vs Michaels matches though, except for (I think) one they had on Raw when HBK was JBL's slave. I found it almost impossible to enjoy any 1 v 1 combination of Michaels, HHH, Orton and Cena in 2007-2008.

For how long it's been going and the intensity of the matches, Reigns and Rusev should feel like a major feud ender but it's way short of feeling significant at all.

Raw this week really took the heat out of this feud. The week before you had the image of Reigns in the accolade on the steps. I think I've said it before but that should have been this week.

I think the whole feud is a bit strange anyway. Reigns has been a complete dick throughout it and he is the baby face.

They did that with Rusev and Ziggler last year as well. The idea must be that Rusev is such a USA-hating scumbag that everyone being a bastard to him in feuds is great. That one just farted out too, and suffered from creative changes. In that case it was the Rusev engagement mess, in this case it was Reigns being shoehorned back into the Universal title picture for a few weeks to cover Balor's absence.

Edited by King Pitcos

If I'm Sasha or Charlotte tonight, I'm begging to not be going on last.

If I'm in that crowd, or hell, even watching from home, 1 HIAC match will satisfy me for tonight. 2 is a little overkill, but 3? Unless they genuinely have some sort of suicide plan (which judging by their previous matches may well be true), surely nobody is going to care much by the time the main event rolls around?

Completely agree with the comments regarding the build to Reigns/Rusev. I don't tend to keep up with RAW, but didn't their feud begin with Reigns interrupting the whole wedding shenanigans, implying he fucked Lana, and then shoving her into a cake? Follow that up with the shenanigans at Summerslam, with Roman beating the piss out of Rusev, and it's a little bit fucked. Reigns gets fuck all in the way of sympathy anyways, so maybe they're going with the whole badass persona he should have been from the very start. Doesn't seem to be working either which way. 

Edited by AdamTH17

• Paid Members

Incidentally talking of snoozefests HBK/Cena that went an hour was horrible.

You could not be more wrong. Only idiots like Pitcos don't appreciate how good that was.

It was a great one for the stopwatch fetishists, especially UK-based ones. WWE done a workrate over here! Kevin Dunn gave them enough time for once! I wasn't a fan of any Cena vs Michaels matches though, except for (I think) one they had on Raw when HBK was JBL's slave. I found it almost impossible to enjoy any 1 v 1 combination of Michaels, HHH, Orton and Cena in 2007-2008.

I've never seen it since but I just found it engrossing at the time. It was completely unexpected because that was before every Raw match felt about an hour long and also I was ready for one of those abysmal UK shows. I don't remember those two being done to death at that point either.

Not sure how long it actually was minus intros and adverts either. I'd imagine about 30-35 mins. It didn't feel like two guys trying to prove they could go an hour for the wankers though, just two great wrestlers tussling in a long match. I never felt it was forced in any way.

I don't wanna watch it again in case it ruins a good memory.