Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I think Trish fucked off for a bit, perhaps after her on-screen affair thing with Vince. She came back in a multi-women's match and won the title after kicking someone in the face. I thought 'Urgh' at the time. Then it turned out that she'd come back a hundred times better as a performer than before. She was brilliant, she really was. I don't necessarily think it was because the other women around were absolute gash either, because you still had the likes of Molly Holly putting in a graft.

It was Finlay that supposedly had a big hand in her improvement, wasn't it? Didn't he spend a lot of time training her and others, then was the agent for the divas division? Tremendous job if so, a real feather in his cap.

theringmaster is right- Trish was the ultimate bridge between diva and wrestler. She had both sides covered. Lita sort of had both- but never fully. She was an alternative poster girl and in-ring she was alright, nothing more than that. Other poster girl divas before and after Trish were fine on the 'diva side' but were either shit in the ring or simply didn't wrestle- Sunny, Sable, Torrie Wilson, Stacy Keibler.

I think Trish fucked off for a bit, perhaps after her on-screen affair thing with Vince. She came back in a multi-women's match and won the title after kicking someone in the face. I thought 'Urgh' at the time. Then it turned out that she'd come back a hundred times better as a performer than before. She was brilliant, she really was. I don't necessarily think it was because the other women around were absolute gash either, because you still had the likes of Molly Holly putting in a graft.

It was Finlay that supposedly had a big hand in her improvement, wasn't it? Didn't he spend a lot of time training her and others, then was the agent for the divas division? Tremendous job if so, a real feather in his cap.

theringmaster is right- Trish was the ultimate bridge between diva and wrestler. She had both sides covered. Lita sort of had both- but never fully. She was an alternative poster girl and in-ring she was alright, nothing more than that. Other poster girl divas before and after Trish were fine on the 'diva side' but were either shit in the ring or simply didn't wrestle- Sunny, Sable, Torrie Wilson, Stacy Keibler.

If I remember correctly, Trish got injured around the time the Invasion storyline began (I might be wrong but I think she injured her ankle in the paddle match with Torrie just after Invasion), which led to her being out all summer and as part of her rehab she started doing some light training with Finlay and he took her under his wing which led to her coming back as a 'wrestler' at Survivor Series that year.

Molly Holly played a big part also, Trish credits her with teaching her about phycology . Molly Holly and Ivory were really the carpenters of the women division during that era, they really helped to put over Trish, Lita, Kim and Victoria.

• Paid Members

Layla got let go last year I think in that mass-firing they did. 

Trish was the best of a mostly bad bunch at a time where looks were everything. For me there's not many divas/women in WWE at the time or since who are as attractive, but Trish was never going to put on a match as good as Bayley/Banks, etc. She had enough of both to bridge that gap.

She probably would have, because WWE couldn't bury her because of the lawsuit. Anything that would have looked like unfair treatment could have gone against them in court.

I'm not disputing what you've said but such is the world of wrestling, its crazy to think that wrestling involves wins and losses yet if she were to be 'buried' it could be classed as unfair treatment, yet part of wrestling is winning/losing/laying down for somebody. Could a lawsuit even happen? Otherwise it opens a can of worms to those who were once at the top and have gradually worked their way down the roster. 

• Paid Members

Front Row Brian on Twitter reporting Paige has quit WWE this week, she has hired legal representation to get her out of her contract. Meltzer says something went down yesterday and thinks this could be it.

https://twitter.com/FrontRowBrian/status/774021887584272384

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/774032421083680768

Edited by Psygnosis

I hope it's not just because of Del Rio as I think she will live to regret it were that to be the case.

If, however, there is more going on or she is injured etc then she is obviously making what she believes to be the right choice for her.

I wonder if she'll stay in America or return to the UK?

Shame really as, while others have surpassed her 'in-ring' wise she still could have had some feuds with Nia Jax, Bayley and the likes of Asuka/Ember Moon etc. when they get called up. She is/was clearly very popular with the fans.