Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

They'd also sacked and were in the process of suing her husband. I can't imagine her position was particually tenable, whether she stuck around longer for the Wrestlemania payday or not - and really, who wouldn't?

She probably would have, because WWE couldn't bury her because of the lawsuit. Anything that would have looked like unfair treatment could have gone against them in court.

I'm sure if Vince had his way the last time she'd have been seen would have been someone throwing a pie in her face or something equally hilarious

Yeah, I was no huge AJ fan but her big promo, her tweets and her title run in general have been pretty aggressively whitewashed from the transitional period between the old Divas divisions and the new Women's league. Replaced in WWE-lore by the Bellas in fact. Proper history would probably show her to be quietly influential, but I don't imagine it's stuff we'll see much of on DVDs or the Network.

Totally agree, Nikki is great, and definitely from an in-ring standpoint the bridge between your overrated averages like AJ Lee, Natalya & Kaitlyn and the best women they've ever had in the 4 Horsewomen.

Can't decide where Trish sits amongst that lot actually. She shone in a fucking shite time, and from a character POV, I thought Lay-Cool was the finest act the WWE had ever produced in all their women's wrestling before the NXT lot came along.

Yeah, I was no huge AJ fan but her big promo, her tweets and her title run in general have been pretty aggressively whitewashed from the transitional period between the old Divas divisions and the new Women's league. Replaced in WWE-lore by the Bellas in fact. Proper history would probably show her to be quietly influential, but I don't imagine it's stuff we'll see much of on DVDs or the Network.

Funnily enough at the start of the Divas Revolution special on the last WWE 24, they had a montage of the tweets, but didn't mention AJ

It was based entirely on her skipping and cocking her head to one side as well. She was so crap. The gimmick of being a 14 year old who reads comics and wears Converse was fucking cracking for the perv section of the audience, though. But it's been blown out of the water by Bayley, who is aimed squarely at the To Catch a Predator stingees. Fair play to WWE for figuring out that having divas act underage/retarded is a moneyspinner, and by getting someone to act younger than AJ did, and who can actually wrestle.

Ever catch Bayleys earlier NXT work? She was almost a female Eugene back then, the Bayley we have now might still come across as a simpleton but fuck it was bad in those early days and she was possibly the worst thing on the entire WWE roster.

WWE's idea of feminism = infantilization and it bloody works without anyone batting an eyelid.

• Paid Members

Didn't Adam Rose end up getting suspended and leaving over Adderall as well? It's intriguing that there've been three in the last year or so  I wonder whether Hunter & Steph will be getting the kids vaccinated...

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Speaking of both of them, there's an AJ Lee/Bayley match from NXT that is genuinely an uncomfortable watch. I think Bayley's brilliant, and the match should in theory, be passable, but Bayley playing the simpleton superfan right down to her general movement was absolutely brutal to watch. Her character has progressed organically, which is admirable, but yeah, if that version of her had made it to the main roster, she'd have been fucked.

I found it hilarious how AJ was pretty much not mentioned in that documentary. AJ was super over when she first broke through and her 'pipebomb' promo was the real seed of the Woman's Revolution. But you know, if your going to get all high and mighty about yourself don't expect WWE to be fine with it. I'm not a fan of hers but I'm looking forward to her book, you know it's going to be one big 'Fuck you WWE' thing whilst painting herself as the ultimate hero. I'm looking forward to the chapter of how she stole her childhood heroes boyfriend

Totally agree, Nikki is great, and definitely from an in-ring standpoint the bridge between your overrated averages like AJ Lee, Natalya & Kaitlyn and the best women they've ever had in the 4 Horsewomen.

Can't decide where Trish sits amongst that lot actually. She shone in a fucking shite time, and from a character POV, I thought Lay-Cool was the finest act the WWE had ever produced in all their women's wrestling before the NXT lot came along.

Trish sits as the ultimate bridge between mixing up a 'diva' with a 'wrestler', she was the first to truly do it and by far the most successful. I don't think it's any exaggeration to say she was a pioneer and one of the foundations upon which womens wrestling in wwe was built. Everything from bra and panties to womens wrestling being taken serious she lead the way.

Lay-Cool are tragically forgotten, there was a time where they were the most entertaining thing on wwe tv