Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Paige is a fictional character that resides in the fictional world of WWE. When she uses her WWE fake Paige character Twitter and Instagram to talk about how she can't wait for the man that plays fictional character Alberto Del Rio to come back from a PR trip so he can bang her before her ovaries explode, I can't say I blame WWE for being a bit annoyed. It's incredibly immature.

If she wants to talk about her real life relationship then I'm sure she can make a real life Twitter or Facebook or whatever to express those thoughts, as opposed to doing it using WWEs intellectual property. And let's face it. It's not like she's seeing someone important and can get away with it. She's not Nikki Bella. There's no top star to protect her from herself or the company when she makes those stupid statements.

Lessons learned I hope. Hopefully she won't throw her career away when he leaves.

I'd say that is far less damaging the Lana and Rusev fiasco.

If they are concerned about social media they need one simple rule for everyone. Either kayfabe social media or don't.

If the wellness violations are related then that is a more reasonable request, but from what I can tell there isn't enough facts to determine is WWE are bang out of line or not

• Paid Members

Yeah it'd be pretty ridiculous for kayfabe to be the big issue here. They don't even keep who is dating who on Total Divas consistent with WWE television.

You can't really talk kayfabe on the internet when you've Seth Rollins and John Cena tagging each other in weightlifting pictures like big mates, Triple H posting selfies of himself with babyface talent all the time and Stephanie's twitter profile referring to herself as a "TV villain". Finn Balor posted a Skype picture of himself and Kevin Owens grinning with Owens holding the Universal title the other day. You can't have it both ways.

Edited by Benno

The headquarters started having the no relationships rule the other year I think which, obviously is a standard one in many businesses, but it didn't apply to talent. It's baffling because we have Cena & Bryan with the Bellas, Nattie and Tyson Kidd who were in a relationship for well over a decade before they married. Whichever Uso Naomi's with. Triple H and Steph. List goes on even outside WWE. Don't understand why they supposedly would complain about them if they're fine with it most of the time.

• Paid Members

Yeah it'd be pretty ridiculous for kayfabe to be the big issue here. They don't even keep who is dating who on Total Divas consistent with WWE television.

You can't really talk kayfabe on the internet when you've Seth Rollins and John Cena tagging each other in weightlifting pictures like big mates, Triple H posting selfies of himself with babyface talent all the time and Stephanie's twitter profile referring to herself as a "TV villain". Finn Balor posted a Skype picture of himself and Kevin Owens grinning with Owens holding the Universal title the other day. You can't have it both ways.

There was a decent thread on this last year. Agree completely that they want to have their cake and eat it. They want to write TV characters but want those TV characters to be promoted through the actual social media accounts of the "actors" themselves.

They really need to find the middle ground. Realistic characters who are an extension of the person and whom the person can completely buy into and pretty much live as.

Paige is a fictional character that resides in the fictional world of WWE. When she uses her WWE fake Paige character Twitter and Instagram to talk about how she can't wait for the man that plays fictional character Alberto Del Rio to come back from a PR trip so he can bang her before her ovaries explode, I can't say I blame WWE for being a bit annoyed. It's incredibly immature.

If she wants to talk about her real life relationship then I'm sure she can make a real life Twitter or Facebook or whatever to express those thoughts, as opposed to doing it using WWEs intellectual property. And let's face it. It's not like she's seeing someone important and can get away with it. She's not Nikki Bella. There's no top star to protect her from herself or the company when she makes those stupid statements.

Lessons learned I hope. Hopefully she won't throw her career away when he leaves.

What? Who cares what her Twitter name is. Loads of them are doing way more batty kayfabe breaking shit across social media.

They're either being royal arses about the thing or something else is afoot between Del Rio, Paige and the company. Seems harsh to have a go at her because her Twitter is verified celeb under the name Paige and she appears to be a sentient human being away from the telly.

Unless they want to pass an edict down that stops the lot of them from doing it I doubt it's the issue.

It will be fuck all to do with breaking kayfabe on Insta. Their talent break kayfabe all over their own content when it suits them, Hunter included.

I'm not saying it's about breaking kayfabe at all. It's the content. Saying the things she says isn't the same as Hunter not pretending to be injured at an NXT event. With Paige and Del Rio you've got two people who aren't stars and, by all accounts, are pissing off all the wrong people by doing things like showing up on other organisations shows to prove some kind of point and both getting popped for drugs.

Things all add up and, as WWE seems to be the most petty company in history, what is right for one isn't right for the other. While Zack Ryder and Emma post the odd beach selfies together, they're hardly talking directly about shagging each other. They're also not failing drug tests and one of them isn't handing in their notice.

But believe me, I'm not saying it's right. It shouldn't matter really. But it's a messed up, vindictive company that uses whatever it can to get someone it doesn't like, especially if they're completely dispensable like these two. They should be allowed to have a relationship and have it not impact their jobs. But that's not how the company works and Paige isn't helping herself is she?

Typing "Paige Wwe" into Twitter search today is coming up with lots of articles from lots of sites all saying it's likely Paige will not be returning to WWE.

Allegations of her being told by Mark Carano to split with Alberto or get fired.

These stories are coming from various wrestling news sites, but I don't know if any of them are particularly reliable or not.