Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Del Rio aint amazing but to be fair, MexAmerica + League of Nations is a rough ride for anybody

Yes both of those are completely shit. But Del Rio isn't any better than what he was given. He's OK in the ring. Not bad. Not good just fine. And his promos are on the slightly higher side of OK. Other than being Hispanic, he's actually worse than Sheamus.

Trish was injured sometime after Mania 17, during the summer of 2001 she co-hosted WWF Excess with Coachman until she was ready to return to action.

see below

If I remember correctly, Trish got injured around the time the Invasion storyline began (I might be wrong but I think she injured her ankle in the paddle match with Torrie just after Invasion), which led to her being out all summer and as part of her rehab she started doing some light training with Finlay and he took her under his wing which led to her coming back as a 'wrestler' at Survivor Series that year.

Yeah but I added the info about Excess. 

Paige hasn't been involved in any storylines for a while now.  

Edited by The Clint

Would she be able to stay in the US though? If WWE are the ones vouching for her, so to speak, how would that affect her visa?

Not sure. Joel Redman returned to the UK but Martin Stone has stayed in the USA so I guess it depends.

Marry ADR and get a spouse visa ?

Hes not a US citizen though is he?

Martin Stone came back for a bit, but he eventually found work in the States. Though it's interesting that he probably got more TV time on NXT as an enhancement talent last year than when he was actually signed to them.

Just trying to think of other examples - Burchill married an American woman and got a job as a firefighter, Katie Lee has stayed over there. I guess its possible but, were she to get her release (if thats what she is after) she would probably make a killing on European shows in polaroids if nothing else.

• Paid Members

Surely Tori could wrestle? I can't actually remember if she could or not but I do remember that she was fucking manky to look at. She couldn't have been a T&A signing.

She could work, but she was hideous and completely devoid of charisma. She even botched the 'ninja' angle by getting unmasked.

Well done, Alberto. Lex Luger was more over than you and you just cost the WWE someone who actually was over and drew merch.

Who?

Jim Neidhart.

^+1

• Paid Members

Well to be fair, she has grown up in the business. As did Del Rio. They aren't marks for the action figures and t-shirts like a lot of wrestlers. If they feel they're getting fucked over, they arent going to stay and be treated like shit. If she she feels like they're taking liberties, good on her.

Cant imagine she's not sorted on the Visa front. She's 100% got a job in TNA with Del Rio waiting for her. She's a pretty popular girl. If there is money for Maria and James Storm floating about, they'll be money for her and Del Rio.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Well to be fair, she has grown up in the business. As did Del Rio. They aren't marks for the action figures and t-shirts like a lot of wrestlers. If they feel they're getting fucked over, they arent going to stay and be treated like shit. If she she feels like they're taking liberties, good on her.

Actually, thats a very good point. I was like others thinking 'Why throw away a promising career for ADR?' but you're right - she has a wealth of experience and exposure with a lot of name value thanks to WWE and Total Divas. She is still very young and her best years are ahead of her. Why stay somewhere if she is not happy?

Hopefully it isn't an emotional decision but I guess we shall see.

Certainly got everyone talking about her.

I agree with Ian, good on her.

She is a wrestler first and foremost, the most successful British women's wrestler there has been. She appeared at Wrestlemania with her mother in attendance. It doesn't get any better than that. Hopefully, if she parts ways with WWE, that'll mean one incredible homecoming show with the Knight family, as well as indie dates all over the world.

Good on her.

What happens when a girl is on Total Divas and gets sacked by WWE? Do they just disappear? Did Cameron vanish? Or do they turn it into a storyline?

Cameron had already been slowly removed from Total Divas before being let go.

Paige tbf is a very big part of the show.

Hmmm. I don't know if they are mid season or if it's on a break. Would be interesting to see what happens. Imagine she just won't be there anymore and that's it.

Edited by Yakashi