Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted June 23 Moderators Posted June 23 Since this is the weather moaning only thread I'd like to register my complaint that it's not hot enough for me. Crank it up! Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted June 23 Paid Members Posted June 23 Had to pop back to home yesterday for reasons, and come back this morning for work. The first train made it as far as 1 stop before it broke down because no air con was working. Fair enough, the poor train steward looked about ready to pass out so I can't blame them for not wanting to continue. Second train I got told to get off at Shrewsbury and go get the train on the platform opposite as it would get to my home quicker as it was a replacement train that was bypassing smaller stops. I wish I stayed on train 2, it had air con and windows. The third one had neither and was hotter than the first train that broke down. By the time I got to Hereford I was bucketing sweat and in a heap and that was in a crop tank top and jeans. This mornings journey wasn't so bad but it started to feel minging come 11am. I feel for anyone working in that today or stuck indoors. It was awful when teaching the minute it got slightly warm and that was on a placement where they didn't mind teachers having arm and hand tattoos so we could roll sleeves. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 23 Members Posted June 23 1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said: Since this is the weather moaning only thread I'd like to register my complaint that it's not hot enough for me. Crank it up! Off you pop to the sun nonce thread then. I was waiting all day for it to cool down so I could pop to Tesco, and it just hasn't got cooler at all. The shop is lucky I didn't just sit in their freezer for an hour. This is disgusting weather. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted June 23 Posted June 23 1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said: Since this is the weather moaning only thread I'd like to register my complaint that it's not hot enough for me. Crank it up! Imagine thinking that a heatwave that is expected to break the hottest ever recorded day in the UK isn't hot enough. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted June 23 Moderators Posted June 23 It was only 33 here today. Genuinely didn't find it uncomfortable, not just trying to be contrary. Kids and dog had great fun playing with the hose and sprinkler in the garden. Feel bad for people doing physical work outdoors or in glass atria or whatever.. Quote
deathrey Posted June 23 Posted June 23 The problem isn't outside (well it is for me, but for most people) but inside is sweltering. My son's room is 32 degrees right now, both windows are wide open as are his curtains and it's not cooling down at all. He has a fan on him and when I went in to check on him, it was just blowing around the hot stuffy air from outside. I got sweaty just standing there. I dread to think what temperature it's going to get to tomorrow and Thursday. We have an AC unit in my other son's bedroom but I think we need to buy a second one now. Quote
Paid Members Wretch Posted June 23 Paid Members Posted June 23 (edited) It hit 40-something on the thermometer on the top floor of my wing today. Prisons are humid places at the best of times anyway as there’s fuck all ventilation, especially on the third and fourth floors, so the temperature is always a good few degrees higher than the outside. Factor in a great big utility belt with keys, baton and cuffs weighing me down, my shirt was drenched an hour into my shift this morning. Horrible for everyone, but doubly so for the fat bastards like me. The rising temperature has traditionally lead to more staff assaults as the lads lose their heads because of the extreme humidity, so I’ve that to look forward to as well. Edited June 23 by Wretch Quote
deathrey Posted June 23 Posted June 23 @Wretch That sounds pretty shit mate, hope you manage to make it through the week unscathed (but sweaty) Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted June 23 Paid Members Posted June 23 17 minutes ago, Wretch said: It hit 40-something on the thermometer on the top floor of my wing today. Prisons are humid places at the best of times anyway as there’s fuck all ventilation, especially on the third and fourth floors, so the temperature is always a good few degrees higher than the outside. Factor in a great big utility belt with keys, baton and cuffs weighing me down, my shirt was drenched an hour into my shift this morning. Horrible for everyone, but doubly so for the fat bastards like me. Wait, are you…have you won any Royal Rumbles? Quote
Mr_Danger Posted June 24 Posted June 24 Stood on a customers door step yesterday with the stench of three food bowls full of sun baked gelatinous cat food with a million flies swarming all over them when the customer comes to the door and enthusiastically asks me if I’d like to prolong this misery with a lovely tepid glass of tap water. Given the state of the future maggot hotel on her doorstep I politely declined. Might break out a Hawaiian shirt tomorrow and take on the form of Max Cady just so people stop trying to be nice to me in the most disgusting environments. No I don’t want a ice lolly, Ive already silently judged you as a smelly scruff. Quote
deathrey Posted June 24 Posted June 24 Being indoors currently - this must be what Dantes 6th circle of hell feels like Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted June 24 Paid Members Posted June 24 My daughter went to school in a woolly hat and then came home and laid on the couch with a blanket and two sofa cushions on top of her. Temperature regulation! Quote
deathrey Posted June 24 Posted June 24 (edited) 23 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: My daughter went to school in a woolly hat and then came home and laid on the couch with a blanket and two sofa cushions on top of her. Temperature regulation! I've just made my son take off his pyjamas because it's too hot in his sleeping bag and duvet. The third layer was too much, he didn't believe me. Has your daughter ever had a heat related incident, like overheating and needed medical intervention? Edited June 24 by deathrey Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted June 24 Paid Members Posted June 24 5 minutes ago, deathrey said: Has your daughter ever had a heat related incident, like overheating and needed medical intervention? No, never. She barely seems bothered by temperatures, cold or hot, at all. Meanwhile my son is either "freezing" or "boiling" with absolutely no in-between. Quote
deathrey Posted June 24 Posted June 24 36 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: No, never. She barely seems bothered by temperatures, cold or hot, at all. Meanwhile my son is either "freezing" or "boiling" with absolutely no in-between. That's reassuring to know. I think my son is similar. He feels hot when I touch him but on the whole he's not that bothered. I think is the first time he's felt it a little bit hence agreeing to wear a t-shirt. Thanks to your advice a couple of years ago, I don't push him beyond what he's comfortable with. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.