Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
On 08/09/2017 at 7:45 PM, wordsfromlee said:

Sounds more like they're selling it. If they were renting it out to someone else instead of you, I doubt the estate agents would care as much as they are as they'd be getting the same money regardless of who's going to be renting it.

Looks like that because of what's happening, they're trying to keep your custom because they'd lose out if you went else where.

Well it went straight up for rent again with the same estate agent, despite me being told they wouldn't work with them. They claim that was never said, and as it was a phone conversation, it's not documented. We were still not given a reason for the landlords pulling out, the landlords are not required to provide one apparently, even after wasting a month of our lives and ruining a holiday. Extremely tempted to daub "nonce" on the property and see how it flies off the market then. 

But fuck that, we found a new place and it's better, brand new and crucially, the landlord doesn't appear to be a sociopath. 

On 19 September 2017 at 10:52 AM, Keith Houchen said:

My favourite use of contactless is the M6 toll road. Because I'm a massive baby I like to pretend I'm an F1 driver having a pit stop and contactless allows for a quick time.  Then I can resume sticking to the speed limit and swearing at middle lane hoggers 

I drove my Porsche down France earlier this year, and they have this device you can get that gets you through the Telepeage toll booths without stopping, you just have to roll through at 20 mph.

That was the most fun, it's like a rolling start and you can absolutely hammer it out the other side like you're launching an F1 car.  I love French autoroutes.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Loki said:

I drove my Porsche down France earlier this year, and they have this device you can get that gets you through the Telepeage toll booths without stopping, you just have to roll through at 20 mph.

That was the most fun, it's like a rolling start and you can absolutely hammer it out the other side like you're launching an F1 car.  I love French autoroutes.

Yeah, they've got that in Portugal as well I found out this summer. Definitely a better system than the fucking dartcharge where they take a picture of your number plate, you forget to pay it and then get slapped with a fine. Stupid fucking dartcharge.

• Paid Members

That device that enables you to pay tolls without stopping - I was in Ireland recently, and the car of the guy I was staying with was fitted with one of those. I'd never seen that before.

Went to an audience with Arnold Schwarzenegger last night. Life goal well and truly achieved to see the big man in person. Couldn't afford the £500 for a photo or £1000 for a meet and greet and didn't win the raffle so positioned myself close enough to the entrance when they led him on to the stage. Everyone else was too focussed taking pictures on their phones, I managed to get a cheeky high five before being shoved away by security. Still buzzing.