WWE Payback 2016 Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

This show is one that I am really interested in watching as I want to see what will happen going forward. If Styles loses his title shot it may relegate him back to the mid card. If Reigns loses he hasn't had the glittering title reign the WWE seem to want him to have. 

I can't see it happening but logically Styles should win following 'bullet club' interference leading to a group forming officially and Reigns chasing the title. I don't see how anyone will benefit from this - they have booked themselves into a corner again and either way I am not convinced anyone will benefit. 

On a side note I am still not convinced by Reigns. He doesn't connect with me at all. 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no way they're going to take the belt off Reigns. They stuck to their guns and had him go over clean at Wrestlemania and have his crowning moment. To take the belt off him again 4 weeks after that just to have him chasing the title again makes no sense whatsoever. The match will be fine in sure, but no way is AJ leaving with the belt

Agreed, absolutely zero chance, only thing up in the air is what happens with Bullet Club/Balor Club/AJ Club.

I hope Gallows/Anderson cost AJ and Balor is revealed as the leader and we get a Balor/AJ feud going through the summer, then let Reigns go off on his own direction against a returning Orton, Wyatt, Del Rio, maybe Trips shows up on Monday and demands the rematch he is owed, hell maybe Trips is the guy that bought in Gallows/Anderson and HE is the leader of a "club". It is clear they are booking this shit on a Monday afternoon before Raw goes live so owt could happen.

Reigns is definitely not losing. Gallows/Anderson will come out, Styles will probably be distracted and be telling them he wants to do things fairly and then Reigns will probably take advantage in a heelish way and take the win leaving us with a 'Will AJ Styles ever forgive Gallows/Anderson'. (Michael Cole voice)

Roman gets his win, Styles has an excuse for not winning, we still have no idea about Gallows/Anderson, Styles will be the underdog who came close & Roman will still not be the good guy or the bad guy, just the guy. 

AJ could always turn heel and still lose but he and the BC could lay a massive beat down on Reigns and take him off TV for a couple of weeks, maybe even tease that he'll have to give up the belt if he doesn't return in X amount of time. Of course Reigns would return at the last minute to enact his revenge.

• Paid Members

As if they would put the title on someone that's only been with the company for 3 months.

I don't think that's the issue here, if the moment is right I think they would, but there's no way they're taking the title off of Roman a month after he finally got his big WrestleMania win. It'd be pure castration.

• Paid Members

Is the Shane/Steph story leading to another brand split? I thought so initially but now I'm thinking they'll both "run" a show each, perhaps make the US & IC Champs exclusive to one show but otherwise the roster will be shared. Just can't see that they've bolstered the roster enough for a brand split (except NXT!)

I had a thought after watching Raw the other day that they wont do a Brand Split between the wrestlers but split who runs each show, Shane on Raw and Authority on Smackdown or vice versa

The only Issue Is Could it logistically work though, Who decides Title matches? can Shane change plans Steph made on Smackdown for NO1 contenders etc

But thats the only way I can see this going, they just don't have the roster for a full on Brand Split IMO.

It only works with a lot of logic avoidance like not changing matches when they dont want disagreement but arguing about them when they do in a convenient sort of way. Having them try to top each other on each show could certainly work and maybe a decision reversal as well as a few "I'm only going to be exclusive to Steph" type heels thrown in the mix". Saves a full brand split and leads to some match down the road between Summers and Survivors

With regards to who decides title matches/#1 contenders etc. It could work if they keep Vince around as a sort of verifier. Shane and Steph both come up with ideas for matches and Vince either makes a compromise of the two or decides to side with one or the other. But then, you could argue that Vince is actually running things then

Gallows and Anderson turning on AJ and joining the Roman Empire is the only thing swervey enough to satisfy the intrigue they've built around the main event. I can't think of any other logical outcome which won't feel like a let-down.

Most likely they sit on the fence; G&A come out, AJ makes an angry face and points to the back, Reigns takes advantage and wins.

Archived