WWE Payback 2016 Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

• Paid Members

Same. Three of us watching it and it was hard to concentrate on the next match because we were all checking for updates.

Was chuffed when they cleared him of any paralysis. Hopefully just a stinger.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't tell if the Shane / Steph intervention in the main event was cool or absolutely dreadful.  But the main event was awesome.  Great fun.  The run in was becoming a lost art.  AJ became a WWE star in this match.

On the McMahons, I'm intrigued by the dynamic and how they work it moving forward. Good move.  When was the last time RAW had heel / face joint-GMs? What were the best and worst? I can't for the life of me remember. 

• Paid Members

Reigns reminded me of what I liked him when he first showed up. He was tremendous here. Reminded me of when Kevin Nash would put his boots on against Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels. Used his size and power against the smaller and faster wrestler. Chances are next month they'll have an even better match than this.

Great show. Aside from the terrifying opener, there wasnt much to complain about. The Screwjob in the womens match was shit, but everything else was good. Show delivered.

When was the last time RAW had heel / face joint-GMs? What were the best and worst? I can't for the life of me remember.

Last time Shane and Stephanie were co-running, I think. From what I remember it was very short lived, during the time when Raw was "out of control" and "fans" we're running around backstage posing for cameras while Batista was warming up. It was just after the McMahon Million Dollar Giveaway stage crippled Vince.

Reigns was on form and had it not been for the WCW circa 2000 bullshit booking he would have really shone. Styles was as good as he's been since starting with the company and they could have had a good small/big man match...

The rest of the card was fairly good. I like the Zayn/Owens story running through a few matches 

• Paid Members

Yeah I thought it might have been a concussion from the replay. Hope he's ok.

A.J. Was cracking in that main event. He always delivers. Roman too. Really chuffed they are keeping the feud going. It really feels fresh and exciting for once. With matches like that I could watch those two all summer. It was cracking inspite of the tedious false finishes.

What the hell were they thinking with Charlotte vs Nattie finish. If I never see that again it will be to soon. Not nearly as good as there Takeover match.

McMahon's feuding over control in 2016. Can't believe I am actually fucki g posting that.

Anyway other than the McMahon ego trip and obviously the Enzo injury that was a rock solid wrestling show.

Things can't carry on like they are with Roman though. "The Guy" is getting booed out of the building on a regular basis and the booking is only making it worse.

Won my 5/2 treble of Miz, Reigns and Charlotte then.

I watched it with a mate and after the Enzo injury we just felt a bit deflated after that, Kevin Owens was brilliant on commentary - the main event was good, Roman worked heel and all the interference and shenanigans made me think Styles was gonna win, The rematch at Extreme Rules will be a belter.

Ambrose/Jericho was messy. I'm a bit worried about Deano, I think years of losing on PPV is finally starting to get to him a bit.

Owens/Zayn was fucking great. Match of the night for me.

No wonder Bret said he didn't want to be there.

AJ/Reigns got good towards the end, but there was a bit too much standing around for the first 10 minutes. I'm all for a slower paced build etc. but it didn't grab me. Reigns is just so...meh.

Oh, and main event ---> clean finish ---> loser not inconvenienced by any shenanigans, match restarted twice in his favour ---> REMATCH! Yay logic.

• Paid Members

Fantastic main event. Absolutely loved the story they were telling from the start and I'm not sure it wouldn't have been even better without the attitude era shenanigans. It had that fantastic dynamic that Reigns vs. Bryan had last year, the utter bamboozlement that AJ Styles is headlining a WWE PPV and Reigns being fucking excellent. His reactions to the crowd, shrugging off the grief, giving them the look after he'd taken the upper hand ere great. And his selling was magnificent. Unless he actually has a serious hamstring injury, he sold me. Checking his hamstring and his boots before that beautiful dive was a superb touch. Anyone who chants "You can't wrestle" at Reigns is a div cunt.

AJ was superb too. I've been torn on him down the years. Times I thought he was magnificent and others I'd maybe over-rated him. But then you put him on the biggest stage and you realise that the first instinct was right. He's tremendous. Hiding in the crod to avoid the big dive is by favourite spot of the year. Just brilliant. I'm up for seeing this again.

Looked a fun PPV going in and delivered an enjoyable show.

Must admit I wasn't into KO/Sami because Enzo's injury shook me up. Glad to see it was "only" a concussion. Looked horrendous.

Liked the KO/Sami rivalry then morphing into the Miz/Cesaro match. Fatal four way now surely?

McMahon/McMahon/McMahon segment was overly long and fucking horrid.

Let this be the end of Bret in the ring. It was sad to see. And no more Montreal ever!

Archived