WWE Payback 2016 Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

The Enzo injury was nasty to watch, you could tell something was wrong straight away as he went stiff as a board. Obviously a complete accident and could have happened to anybody, but you know some idiot somewhere is calling Simon Gotch a dangerous worker off the back of it, which is ofcourse utter nonsense.

The McMahon segment was horrendous but hilarious in equal measure. The Chicago crowd think they're hijacking the show or some nonsense with their CM Punk chants, yet they're cheering who they're supposed to and booing the right person, but they're 'too cool for school' to realise it.

I was enjoying the title match until all the silly false finishes. Why didn't AJ roll in and then roll out again to break the count? You see them do it all time, in Kayfabe terms AJ buggered himself by hitting a move and failing to get Roman back in the ring, that's his own stupid fault.

You then have a heel authority figure giving the face, whose already had another crack despite the match having finished once already due to his own stupidity getting a third crack at winning. You could explain that away as a continuation of Regins against The Authority, but that was put to bed at Wrestlemania.

Then Anderson & Gallows come down to attack Reigns, whose trying to embrace the heel heat he's getting but can't because they're still trying to book him as a face. I've nothing against The Usos being a midcard tag team that kids like, Reigns shouldn't be associated with them in any way family or not, he should be being his own man.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enzo has done that spot successfully before at other shows including Takerover: London and Gotch probably just thought it was selling it. It's seems like a pretty silly spot to do it the first place as we've seen, it can end very badly if done wrong.

arn.gif

Have to agree with The Uso's. I get that they are Reigns family but them coming down and evening things out to me made Gallows & Anderson look like just another tag team rather than two big guys to worry about. 

Also Reigns the other week on Raw was like 'Bring them all, its one verses all' then the USO's are helping him out. 

USO's aside it was a good main event though but considering the USO's couldn't even get onto the main WrestleMania card last month (and the last few years?) they should never ever be in a main event on a PPV period. 

Womans match was shit, I thought the division was getting better and being taken more seriously and they go do something like that? No wonder people at the arenas (and at home) use these matches as piss breaks if they don't even take the matches seriously themselves. 

Jericho/Ambrose - I have no interest in either so didn't bother with this, by the sounds of it didn't miss much.

Miz/Cesaro - Was okay for what it was, Cesaro didn't botch many moves thankfully.

Zayn/Owens - Obviously a good match but in hindsight they should have stuck the womans match on second so people could refocus and get back into the show after the tag match. I am also wondering whether Zayn/Owens was initially going to even happen or whether they were going to brawl and then brawl into the Miz/Cesaro match but because the first match stopped it didn't leave them with much option so they did a match and the brawl?

The PPV was only four minutes off the three hours so either this was going over three hours (before the tag was cancelled) or they have changed something on the show somewhere? I know it doesn't matter as its Network mainly but just a thought. 

The Tag Match was probably going 10-15 Mins I'd guess

Luckily for them it was the opener so it should have been easy enough I'd Imagine for them to add a few minutes here and there to each match and then have the Vince segment run way longer then they originally planned to make some of the time back up.

If Enzos Injury happened with just the Main event left then it would of been panic stations at trying to fill the 15 Minute hole in the show

• Paid Members

Zayn/Owens - Obviously a good match but in hindsight they should have stuck the womans match on second so people could refocus and get back into the show after the tag match.

They shouldn't, not even with hindsight because something happened out of nowhere. It's not realistic to suggest they just rearrange. They'll have had the video queued up, you don't know if the girls were ready, dressed, stretched, whatever. They did an outstanding job of stopping the match, telling the truth and getting on with the show.

Luckily for them it was the opener so it should have been easy enough I'd Imagine for them to add a few minutes here and there to each match and then have the Vince segment run way longer then they originally planned to make some of the time back up.

That's a good point. Perhaps why that McMahon-McMahon-McMahon segment was so overly long and dull.

• Paid Members

The Enzo injury was difficult to watch. Can't believe the kept showing slow motion replays of it when the outcome was unknown and could have been so much worse than a concussion!

• Paid Members

Enzo has done that spot successfully before at other shows including Takerover: London and Gotch probably just thought it was selling it. It's seems like a pretty silly spot to do it the first place as we've seen, it can end very badly if done wrong.

That's just reminded me that he did the same spot at the Blackpool show and caught himself the same way ( though not as bad, obviously)

Apparently Enzo was actually practically out before that spot and that's what made it so bad. He was seemingly dazed from a knee from Aiden English and can't remember anything after that so doesn't even remember the slide.

Archived