WWE Payback 2016 Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

They have got something planned for Vince's choosing that's why they are doing it on a PPV rather than next weeks Raw.  I don't think it's going to be something as simple as Vince saying "I've been giving it some thought this past week and I pick Steph to be in charge of Raw".   And they have been banging on about a new era in WWE as of late.  They've got something up their sleeve for this announcement on Sunday.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I hope Steph takes charge of Smackdown. Raw's fresh without her plus it will make the writers come up with important stuff for SD because she's on it. If she can channel the character of the first few months of the brand split where she made it feel important, it could make SD watchable again. I know someone will say SD is good anyway but they're wrong. It's just inoffensive.

I've said it a fuckload of times but if SD is gonna get out of its 'optional B-show if you have some hours to kill in the week' status and back into 'as or almost as important as Raw for storyline progression' then absolutely, 100%, the canned heat must die. Fuck sitting through a show where you genuinely have no clue how the crowd really responded every week

Just noticed that the official Payback poster features the Wyatt's yet not one of them is booked for the event.  Reminds me of the poster for Fully Loaded 2000 which was a weird one with Austin even though they must've known he wasn't ready to return at that point.

I dunno, I feel as though if you take into account the rapidly expanding NXT roster, the new signings, the current roster and the current injured list there's enough there to make two decent brands.

I'd welcome it, as it will give Smackdown much more meaning, considering its recent move to USA, and if Triple H gets full control of one of the brands (like Hayman did back in the day) then we could be in for some interesting TV.

The likes of Reigns, Cena, Orton, Rollins, Ambrose, Wyatt, Lesner, Styles, Jericho, Owens, Ziggler could easily be split in two and make the main title of each brand.

With the Wyats, Dudleys, New Day, Gallows and Anderson, the Usos, Vaude Villans, Enzo and Cass, Golden Truth, Epico and Primo, American Alpha, Dash and Dawson you could easily make two decent Tag divisions

Then with Kalisto, The Miz, Corbin, Zayn, Ryder, Rusev, Del Rio, Shamus, Sin Cara, Ryback, Crews, Big Show, Kane, Neville, Dallis, Cesaro, Axel, Sandow etc there is plenty of talent to make a decent mid card.

Make the Diva's exclusive to Raw and maybe a light heavy weight championship to Smackdown and then pad the low to mid card out with guest matches from

NXT and I think you make two decent competitive brands.

Planning to watch it tomorrow morning with the wee man and will hopefully get caught up in his positivity. That a said, I think this is a key show in so far as how much I'll continue to enjoy WWE for my own sake as well as watching with him. They've got a chance to really shake things up with the announcement and with the main event. If we end up with it being just Shane vs Trips/Steph for months and Reigns and Styles both staying face I'll be really disappointed.

Ryback will defeat Kalisto to become the new US Champ to throw Kalisto back in the tag division where he's better suited. Ryback will beat Kalisto down after the match, leading to a surprise return from RVD to make the save to set up an ECW stalwart having a championship match at Extreme Rules.

Owens will defeat Sami Zayn with some sort of shenanigans, ensuring their feud is nowhere near over. Zayn will get his win back at Extreme Rules before both go into the ladder match at Money in the Bank. They'll then be in some sort of multi-man match for the IC Title at Battleground and eventually have the deciding chapter in their rivalry (for now) at SummerSlam.

Ambrose will defeat Jericho cleanly. There's nothing to be gained from a Jericho victory, whereas Ambrose needs a big match win before people start believing he's enjoyable but never gets the victory when it matters.

Charlotte will defeat Natalya after the Hitman makes sure Naitch can't get involved. Naitch will jump on the apron, Hitman will knock him off, Charlotte will go to slap Bret only for Natalya to jump in and inadvertently hit Bret, allowing Charlotte to take advantage and retain.

Vaudevillans will defeat Enzo and Cass due to a distraction from the Dudleys. The Dudleys will take on Enzo and Cass in a tables match at Extreme Rules while Vaudevillans Tag Team Title shot will be in a losing effort against New Day. 

Cesaro will defeat Miz when Maryse turns on her hubby and we get a double turn. She and Cesaro will then start delivering their promos in French. And Daz will have a break down.

Baron Corbin will defeat Ziggler in no nonsense fashion. Ziggler will make it look good but Corbin will leave looking dangerous and victorious.

Reigns will defeat Styles after Gallows and Anderson attempt to get involved only for Styles to turn them away. Reigns will then hit the spear on Styles to retain his title.

Archived