WWE Payback 2016 Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Natalya has done a lot for the division

...like what?

She's been an ever present, been a mentor to the other women.

That explains why a large majority of them are dog shit then.

• Paid Members

Fuck principles, Bret knew what his value was and where it was. Put the boot on the other foot and Shawn Michaels wasn't lying down for Bret either. And you know what, neither was Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Brock Lesnar, Triple H or 90% of the genuine main eventers you can think of.

Not sure where this comes from anyway. Natalya is reading from a script. Funny how people bang on about WWE writers until a wrestler they don't like has to read the shit lines and suddenly it's the wrestler's fault.

On the US Championship thing, does anyone else think it's time to merge with the IC and have one secondary belt? Or at least make one a clear step down from the other, like we used to have with the IC and European?

We've gone from the US Title being defended by the top guy in John Cena to a guy who barely makes it onto shows. The IC also seems to wildly swing from being a belt to keep the jobbers happy to being one the likes of Owens and Ambrose would happily kill for. WWE need to either make a clear distinction on which belt means more or just unify them and have a worthwhile secondary championship. Having two belts for ostensibly the same purpose just weakens them both.

Natalya will sadly be under contract forever, mainly because of Total Divas, partly because of the family name. She was good when she debuted. Everything she does now she did back then with much more conviction. I vividly remember her taking a few girls heads off with that discus clothesline. She's getting on a bit now. Title shot every two years just keep the likes of Sash away until Summerslam. That said, I wouldn't be suprised if she got a little reign this spring.....

• Paid Members

On the US Championship thing, does anyone else think it's time to merge with the IC and have one secondary belt? Or at least make one a clear step down from the other, like we used to have with the IC and European?

Given they are about to release a DVD set on the US title, I don't see them dropping it any time soon.

I don't understand why they don't just keep the US title as a TV title and defend it on Smackdown and build feuds soley based on the US title on Smackdown. 

It would at least keep the title busy, perhaps give people some decent TV time that is worth something and help make Smackdown a decent show. 

but she definitely needs to drop the whole "I'm a Hart, I should be given every opportunity" thing.

That's the family gimmick innit, Bret is my favourite of all time but he didn't want to lose a belt handed to him in a scripted sport, the Hart's think it's real.

He didn't have to as he had a contract saying he coud pick the direction of the script. And he was going to still be wrestling so was right to to reject the "script" he was given.

• Paid Members

Yeah, let's ridicule Bret for not wanting to do something asked of him that might be detrimental to his career in the fake fighting. Because he's the only headliner that ever did that.

Archived