WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

On 9/11/2019 at 11:14 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

So I got a Switch. There's about a billion games on it. What should I be playing? I'm not going to go nuts buying stuff as I know I'll spend a lot of time playing Slay The Spire anyway. I also have Mario kart and steamworld dig. I'm eyeing the new money ball game when that comes out.

What else should I be playing? Preferably indie gems I guess but if there's top tier titles I definitely shouldn't be missing out on then please let me know. (No zelda pls).

Celeste amd Cup Head are the two main indy darlings that you've probably already heard of or played but the one that's top of my list to play next is My Friend Pedro. Looks bonkers but it plays like an action movie apparently.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Celeste amd Cup Head are the two main indy darlings that you've probably already heard of or played but the one that's top of my list to play next is My Friend Pedro. Looks bonkers but it plays like an action movie apparently.

Have you seen much of Untitled Goose Game? I'm definitely getting that for the Switch! You're a...errr...goose and have to use stealth to steal stuff from farmers and honk at people. 

There's also Donut County, which looks similar aesthetically and seems quite funny going by videos my kids have watched of DanTDM playing it. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Have you seen much of Untitled Goose Game? I'm definitely getting that for the Switch! You're a...errr...goose and have to use stealth to steal stuff from farmers and honk at people. 

There's also Donut County, which looks similar aesthetically and seems quite funny going by videos my kids have watched of DanTDM playing it. 

If (when) I end up with a Switch it's probably going to be one of my first purchases. It looks like a great way to just chill out. Like the game Goat Simulator was supposed to be. 

I'm also hoping it does well enough to justify a PS4 or XBox One release. 

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah it's been a long time coming! The Switch is the king of indies and there's always something worth buying on sale but I have limited time and literally hundreads of Korok seeds to find dammit. Tetris 99 is my second favourite Switch game though and at least I can't hear 12 year old Americans calling me a noob faggat on it.

1 hour ago, quote the raven said:

Really late to the party but I’m loving Spider-Man on the ps. When it’s done is the dlc worth buying or no?

It was okay, nothing special. Probably not worth the full price, if its on sale or part of the complete version, worth getting. 

Currently playing hitman on xbox one and I'm so fucking impressed and into the game I've already bought hitman 2 last week while in town.... 

It's such a good mix of different situations and ways to go through each level that its impossible to not be immersed in the game...however fuck marakesh and whoever came up with that hell on earth level 

• Moderators

Steve does more things wrong....

Been playing Steamworld Dig on switch. I used to play an indie mining game like it on xbox arcade that was just pure digging your mine, upgrading your equipment and going deeper. This adds some story, more abilities and a bit of platform combat to the mix. It's really slick and fun.

I get why they had to do it but it does lose some tension because you don't automatically die and lose whatever you have collected if your torch runs out.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Steve does more things wrong....

Been playing Steamworld Dig on switch. I used to play an indie mining game like it on xbox arcade that was just pure digging your mine, upgrading your equipment and going deeper. This adds some story, more abilities and a bit of platform combat to the mix. It's really slick and fun.

I get why they had to do it but it does lose some tension because you don't automatically die and lose whatever you have collected if your torch runs out.

It's a fun game. I keep meaning to pick the sequel up.