WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

I just pre-ordered a Switch Lite, £179 with an eBay voucher so not too bad.

Also going to be using Boomerang rentals as the games never seem to drop in price, anyone here use them for Nintendo games?

Yeah, they’ve been shit lately for anything. Everything is long waits, even older stuff. I’m close to binning them off.

• Moderators

So I got a Switch. There's about a billion games on it. What should I be playing? I'm not going to go nuts buying stuff as I know I'll spend a lot of time playing Slay The Spire anyway. I also have Mario kart and steamworld dig. I'm eyeing the new money ball game when that comes out.

What else should I be playing? Preferably indie gems I guess but if there's top tier titles I definitely shouldn't be missing out on then please let me know. (No zelda pls).

6 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

I downloaded Arkham Knight and fuck me, this game is terrible. It's worse than Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Have you played any of the other Arkham games? I really enjoyed Arkham City but have never purchased Knight as I don't fancy the batmobile parts. What's so bad about the game?

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

So I got a Switch. There's about a billion games on it. What should I be playing? I'm not going to go nuts buying stuff as I know I'll spend a lot of time playing Slay The Spire anyway. I also have Mario kart and steamworld dig. I'm eyeing the new money ball game when that comes out.

What else should I be playing? Preferably indie gems I guess but if there's top tier titles I definitely shouldn't be missing out on then please let me know. (No zelda pls).

Hollow Knight. But get it from the e-shop for £11, not the physical from Game. A Metroidvania that looks, sounds and plays beautiful, isn't too hard (to start with) but doesn't hold your hand much. There's a fair amount of lore but less narrative than you'd think. Between the PS and the Switch I've put in the best part of 60 hours.

I would heartily recommend using a pro controller, though, I did worse with the JoyCon.

• Moderators
On 9/12/2019 at 8:12 AM, seph said:

Hollow Knight. But get it from the e-shop for £11, not the physical from Game. A Metroidvania that looks, sounds and plays beautiful, isn't too hard (to start with) but doesn't hold your hand much. There's a fair amount of lore but less narrative than you'd think. Between the PS and the Switch I've put in the best part of 60 hours.

I would heartily recommend using a pro controller, though, I did worse with the JoyCon.

It looks gorgeous at a quick glance. Will definitely check it out properly

• Paid Members

I'm trying to think of stuff that isn't retro compilations or the Arcade Archives titles. I hear River City Girls is good. All the fighting games have offline multiplayer.