WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Fire Emblem on Switch. I was a bit unsure about it at first, there were a few Persona-lite parts to it that I wasn’t big on, but what do you know, it’s sucked me in. The tactical battles are superbas usual and the story is pretty nuanced.

It’s probably my game of the year so far.

• Paid Members

Played through Flow, and Flower with my mate this afternoon. It's interesting to see how the style of That Game Studio has evolved. Both really interesting games as well. About to start Journey now.

3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Stick with FIFA 19.

Yep!  I'm loving 19, got sucked right in to the FUT squads.  Still get my arse handed to me in online matches despite building a decentish team.  I've got loads of ace players on loans that I don't use so that's probably why.  Well, that and me being shit.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yep!  I'm loving 19, got sucked right in to the FUT squads.  Still get my arse handed to me in online matches despite building a decentish team.  I've got loads of ace players on loans that I don't use so that's probably why.  Well, that and me being shit.

I had to stop playing Ultimate Team because it was just bad for my health and wallet in the end. 

Great fun building cheap teams full of underrated gems though. The first few weeks of a new FUT mode are always great until the 1,000,000 Fifa point brigade shows up. 

6 hours ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

There are quite simply too many games to keep up with now unless you're a twitch streamer.

I've only had an hour with Astral Chain. There is no way in hell I am finishing it before Links Awakening. Gonna have some difficult choices to make.

Astral Chain is incredible, I reckon. I'm fairly near the end, and it's continued to get better all the way through. Once you've reached the point where you get to use the fancy combat mechanics (think it was mission 2 or 3), it just keeps getting better all the way through as your character gets stronger and your own skills at playing the game improve. I'm almost at the end after about 20 hours, but I missed parts of every mission so I'll definitely be going back for another playthrough with the full set of Legions. It's good enough to play twice, for sure.