WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

What were Nintendo thinking putting Zelda up against Goose Game!

I'm a good 25 hours in to Assassins Creed Odyssey and only 25% of the story is complete. I think atbthis point in God of War I was close to completing the skill tree. They're clearly trying to sell up on the xp booster.

It's a fun game with plenty of varied things to do to keep you occupied. Mostly building up my ship to fuck pirates up because it seems pointless investing in weapons as they constantly need upgrading because as soon as you level up you will find more powerful weapons. 

• Paid Members

@Mr_DangerHow similar is it to the previous AC games? I've just had a look at some screen shots and it looks quite removed- almost more along the lines of Skyrim and Witcher. I'd be down with that, because the AC games started to get seriously repetitive. Black Flag was an exception because they added so much more into that game (sailing, deep sea diving, exploring little treasure islands, naval battles). Did you play the last one, set in Egypt?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/collection/batman-free-week

Epic Games are giving away 6 Batman games, all completely Free, on PC. Includedis Arkham Asylum, City and Knight as well as Lego Batman 1-3

What's the catch here? You have to be always-online to play them, similar to Amazon's free games? Only free for a week, before they're locked away and you have to buy them?

18 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

What's the catch here? You have to be always-online to play them, similar to Amazon's free games? Only free for a week, before they're locked away and you have to buy them?

No catch, Epic are just desperate for people to move from Steam to them so have been offering free games and signing exclusives.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

No catch, Epic are just desperate for people to move from Steam to them so have been offering free games and signing exclusives.

I've just done some catching up on this and I for one am not surprised that there a vocal group of gamers kicking up a fuss about having to install a separate launcher for some games.

It's understandable when a game is made exclusive to a certain console for owners of other consoles to get a bit pissed off, but it's incredibly stupid to work yourself into a frenzy about having to use up a few extra megabytes for a second launcher to play exclusives.

'Press Y to honk' is my favourite game instruction ever. I used points to get it for £8.48, utter bargain. It's absolutely delightful and my 4 year old is also in love with it. She's currently terrorising a shopkeeper who insists on shooing her out with a broom, all the while laughing her head off.

4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

@Mr_DangerHow similar is it to the previous AC games? I've just had a look at some screen shots and it looks quite removed- almost more along the lines of Skyrim and Witcher. I'd be down with that, because the AC games started to get seriously repetitive. Black Flag was an exception because they added so much more into that game (sailing, deep sea diving, exploring little treasure islands, naval battles). Did you play the last one, set in Egypt?

It's the first one I've ever played. There's a bit of Witcher in it but not quite as comprehensive. Strangely the game it reminds me most of is BotW. Loads to explore and plenty of side shit but most the npc's are threadbare. Loads of great call backs for history buffs too.

• Paid Members

Rockstar are currently offering a free copy of GTA San Andreas if you download their launcher at the momeny. 

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/61123/Download-The-Rockstar-Games-Launcher

I guess they're getting tired of having to pay Valve/Epic a cut. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

My biggest problem with having so many launchers on my PC is that it just adds more stuff that needs updating almost every other day, thus presenting yet another barrier to actually playing a game.

I’m currently playing Zelda on my GameBoy Color and it’s a joy being able to turn it on and actually play something in mere seconds.

It's so good to be able to do that. I've had to try and kill time on my PS4 for 2 days because whenever there's a new patch out for Street Fighter 5 at the moment it downloads a whole new copy of the game. 

• Paid Members

Untitled Goose Game is wonderful. Getting the goose "on TV" in the TV shop, just reeling around with wings out and honking maniacally was a genuinely joyous moment.

I've probably played less than an hour in total, but as a result spent a significant part of yesterday with the other half trying to sneak up behind me and honk at me to scare me.

• Paid Members

I do like a good podcast game now and again. 

Spent most of Sunday playing King Of Fighters XIV. Trying to decide whether I can be arsed paying out £30 for the extra characters. Managed to perfect both the boss characters at one point by picking Goro Daimon and doing his ground pound move from full screen.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Untitled Goose Game is wonderful. Getting the goose "on TV" in the TV shop, just reeling around with wings out and honking maniacally was a genuinely joyous moment.

I've probably played less than an hour in total, but as a result spent a significant part of yesterday with the other half trying to sneak up behind me and honk at me to scare me.

Really enjoyed luring the shopkeeper into the garage then shutting her in. Got a big laugh from honking away while she's banging on the door trying to get out!

Also loved discovering that if you honk while holding a bin lid, your honk has a metallic echo to it. You can get stuck in the bin and just career around the place knocking into things, too. So much joy!

Edited by CAREBEAR LUVVA