WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

8 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

I'm a few hours into Control, it's class. It was always going to be fun mechanically, being a Remedy game, but the great level design and story (so far) has came out of nowhere for me. I'd have been fine with (and was expecting) it being Quantum Break without the shit TV show added in, just cool powers and fun combat, I'd be down. This has much more though, could end up as my surprise GOTY if it keeps up.

It does look rather good.  QB was a massively overlooked game I thought, but then I'm biased about it given I worked on it for about 2 years  😂  Control is clearly built on the same engine but looks like a better, more rounded game and story.

• Paid Members

Picked up a little indie thing called Kung Fury: Street Rage on PS4. Only £3.29. Got the Vita crossplay version in case I ever end up in posession of a Vita. It's nice and simple. You're in the middle of the screen and waves of monions come for you. You hit the ones on the left by pressing left and the ones on the right by pressing right. Some of them have a little pattern and/or take multiple hits,so you have to find the most efficient way of dealing with them.

They also had the Journey collector's edition which invludes Flower, and Flow for the same price as just Journey. I hear it's a fascinating game, and sounds like one that could be burned through in an afternoon. I'm also contemplating picking up Renegade and/or Double Dragon as I'm hankering to play some beat 'em ups.

• Awards Moderator
7 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

They also had the Journey collector's edition which invludes Flower, and Flow for the same price as just Journey. I hear it's a fascinating game, and sounds like one that could be burned through in an afternoon. 

Journey is brilliant, and yes 2-4 hours play for a run through. Though you may feel like a second run around immediately after finishing. 

The latest details for the next Resident Evil game have leaked with a trailer coming September 8th.

It’ll be called Project REsistance, looks like it’ll either be Left For Dead or Outbreak like with 4 playable characters and online play.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Bought a PS2 last week with all the games I wanted and a few others including Tony Hawk Underground 2. 

The girls stayed over Saturday and as I’ve been so knackered, I said let me lie in and you can play the PS2 when you get up. My 6 year old woke me up at about 6am by screaming at me (honestly thought I was being attacked) just to tell me she’d learnt how to do a kick flip ffs. Said she’d been trying for about 2 hours.

Medal Of Honor Frontline has not aged well at all. Still one of my favourites ever though 

• Paid Members

Is there a new Earth Defence Force game due/just come out on XBox as for the last few months they've given one away every month as part of games with gold, and appear to be doing so next month as well. 

On 8/29/2019 at 8:24 AM, TildeGuy~! said:

Yakuza 7 has been announced for a release in 2020, they’ve changed the game dramatically and it now seems to be a turn based RPG

Well that's shit news. But I'll still give it a chance.

14 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

The latest details for the next Resident Evil game have leaked with a trailer coming September 8th.

It’ll be called Project REsistance, looks like it’ll either be Left For Dead or Outbreak like with 4 playable characters and online play.

That's worse. online RE has always been shit, knew Capcom would fuck up again eventually.

11 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Is there a new Earth Defence Force game due/just come out on XBox as for the last few months they've given one away every month as part of games with gold, and appear to be doing so next month as well. 

Nothing official on that front, but you never know. There have been two new EDF games on PS4 in the last 12 months though, so perhaps Microsoft are trying to remind people that some of the older titles are available on the Xbone. Or perhaps they're just not selling, so they've decided they might as well give them away if they're not making money off them anyway.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Nothing official on that front, but you never know. There have been two new EDF games on PS4 in the last 12 months though, so perhaps Microsoft are trying to remind people that some of the older titles are available on the Xbone. Or perhaps they're just not selling, so they've decided they might as well give them away if they're not making money off them anyway.

Good point. Tekken Tag is good. I'll probably install Hitman then remember I'm pretty awful at stealth games.