WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Just finished Shadow of The Tomb Raider and thought it was pretty shit. I really enjoyed the first two games. Even bought this one the day after finishing the second as I enjoyed that so much. Just felt like it was really short and really boring as there is so much walking around and talking to people rather than running/jumping/shooting/puzzles.

Really fucking dark too, and quite scary at times. Massive let down over all.

11 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I still haven't finished that, after having gushed effusively about Rise of the Tomb Raider to bloody everyone. That game was perfectly balanced.. this one is a bit dull.

I loved Rise of the Tomb Raider. As I said, I went out and bought Shadow the day after finishing Rise as I enjoyed it so much and was sad it was over.

Are they planning on making any more as that was the last in the planned trilogy?

Shadow sold pretty well and they've said they'd be surprised if there aren't any more in the future.

Shadow was also developed by a different team so that may be why it feels the way it does, I think it's first game Eidos Montreal developed after Deus Ex was axed.

Shadow is what I'm currently playing and I'll be honest I love it compared to rise. I thought rise was more about constantly being in gunfights to the point it felt more like a battlefield game other than a tomb raider game.

Im a huge fan of this series and have been for about 15 years now. Im only about 30% of the way through the game however I've enjoyed this one much more. What I will say on this game however there has been quite a few jump scares with those things that look like there out of the decent film....I screamed so loud i woke my new born baby up straight after my fiance just got him to sleep which I got a bollocking for.

As it stands though this has gone back to the good old days of pretty difficult puzzles that completely do you head in and breathtaking scenery 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I'm half tempted to trade the Xbox in as I've Ralphy'd that son of a bitch

Took it for an 83 mile walk?

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Hori Onyx

Not as good as the Hori Onyx2 👍

32 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Took it for an 83 mile walk?

Not as good as the Hori Onyx2 👍

I bought my xbox at Christmas but I was split between a xbox or playstation and choose to go with xbox as I've had a ps4 in ths past and wanted something new and different.

The best thing about the xbox in my opinion is game pass and the level of fantastic games they put up on there I mean 2 months ago we got the new tomb raider game and only 3 weeks before that I was in asda about to buy it for 38 quid.

They put some shit out there too don't get me wrong but each month we get at least 1 top quality game for free on game pass which for me is amazing value for money.

I've been keeping my eyes open on the selling sites on Facebook for a second hand ps4 not really for any other reason apart from it being nice to just have one I believe they have a similar sort of service as game pass 

• Awards Moderator
49 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I've been keeping my eyes open on the selling sites on Facebook for a second hand ps4 not really for any other reason apart from it being nice to just have one I believe they have a similar sort of service as game pass 

The PS Plus subscription gives more games than xbox but the quality is all over the place. This year has been particularly poor. Generally it's one A- game plus an indie, plus some PSN tat. There used to be a Vita game too but they've disappeared and not been replaced. 

13 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

The PS Plus subscription gives more games than xbox but the quality is all over the place. This year has been particularly poor. Generally it's one A- game plus an indie, plus some PSN tat. There used to be a Vita game too but they've disappeared and not been replaced. 

Oh really from what I've read around the net people saying that the psplus was better or on par with xbox game pass but from what you have just said that's not the case.

The past couple of months we have had on game pass. ..shadow of the tomb raider....batman game collection....minecraft...gears of war 

They do release quite a few smaller indy sort of games too through the month but you do get at the very least 1 big title a month which like I say is amazing value for money. 

What I have noticed in difference to the playstation is that alot of games on the marketplace are a rediculous price and very rarely go down on alot of titles. Personally I prefer to have digital copies of stuff like games, books and music because my house is like a black hole when it comes to anything I own so it makes it hard to grow your game collection when the price is so damn high 

• Awards Moderator
43 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

What I have noticed in difference to the playstation is that alot of games on the marketplace are a rediculous price

Nah, just stick things in your wishlist, subscribe to PSdeals.net and wait it out. There's a sale on all the time. Savings are increased for PS+ members. 

44 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Oh really from what I've read around the net people saying that the psplus was better or on par with xbox game pass but from what you have just said that's not the case.

Horses for courses though innit? There's been nothing of interest to me this year, and it seems like many others are grumbling too. I don't mind too much, but their offering is definitely downgraded. 

I've been having a go of the Dragon Quest XI demo on the switch which I hear is like 10 hours long which is crazy for a free demo. It's done the trick though as it's convinced me to get the full retail version when it comes out at the end of September. Pretty glad I skipped this on PS4 and waited for this version.

I'm going to buy either Astral Chain or Control this weekend. Constantly going back and forth over which one to get.

Anyone jumping in on either of those?

• Paid Members

On the Tomb Raider discussion, I felt that Rise relied a bit too much on guns and murder for a TR game, and I could not give a single flying fuck about the story. Boring as all arse, but it was great fun when it was actually doing Tomb Raider or it's best Uncharted 2 impression. 

I've yet to play Shadow, but I probably won't for a while now that I'm balls deep in Red Dead Redemption All-Star Poker.

Rise was very shooting heavy but Shadow is very light on everything. Not many challenge tombs compared to Rise which is a shame as I enjoyed the puzzles. It’s mainly running around villages trying to find people to talk to and a lot of swimming which is all boring as fuck. You don’t really do much at all and it’s all over very quickly. You could complete it in a weekend easily. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

I'm going to buy either Astral Chain or Control this weekend. Constantly going back and forth over which one to get.

Anyone jumping in on either of those?

I'm a few hours into Control, it's class. It was always going to be fun mechanically, being a Remedy game, but the great level design and story (so far) has came out of nowhere for me. I'd have been fine with (and was expecting) it being Quantum Break without the shit TV show added in, just cool powers and fun combat, I'd be down. This has much more though, could end up as my surprise GOTY if it keeps up.