WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Nothing official on that front, but you never know. There have been two new EDF games on PS4 in the last 12 months though, so perhaps Microsoft are trying to remind people that some of the older titles are available on the Xbone. Or perhaps they're just not selling, so they've decided they might as well give them away if they're not making money off them anyway.

Good point. Tekken Tag is good. I'll probably install Hitman then remember I'm pretty awful at stealth games. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, King of Hamptons said:

I've just been given a Nintendo DS Lite.. Apart from Mario kart and GTA :Chinatown wars.. What else game wise should I get? 

Hotel Dusk is a very interesting graphic novel style mystery game with a few puzzles.

The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass is great if you like those sorts of games.

You can get ports of a few Final Fantasy games on there, and a lot of the Mario games are decent.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, King of Hamptons said:

I've just been given a Nintendo DS Lite.. Apart from Mario kart and GTA :Chinatown wars.. What else game wise should I get? 

It's not a DS game, but you have the GBA port so absolutely get Advance Wars and Mario NES/SNES ports.

As for DS games, I heartily recommended Wario Ware:Touched, Elite Beat Agents, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Tetris DS, Hotel Dusk (as FelatioLips pointed out) and you can't go wrong with any of the CastleVanias.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, King of Hamptons said:

Loads! New Super Mario Bros, 42 All-time classics (which is a cracking cards & board games suite), Dr Kawashima's brain training, Rhythm Paradise, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Picross, Puzzle League, Tetris. Probably the best handheld ever, so many good games, especially puzzle games. Nintendo have struggled to come anywhere near the level of top quality puzzle games the DS had since then.

Was good for Mario games (but not as great as subsequent consoles/handhelds have been) but terrible for Zelda.

2 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass is great if you like those sorts of games.

Awful. Same applies with Spirit Tracks.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

As for DS games, I heartily recommended Wario Ware:Touched, Elite Beat Agents, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney,

These are also my top 3 DS games, nice one AP. I love elite beat agents so much I imported the original Japanese version. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

These are also my top 3 DS games, nice one AP. I love elite beat agents so much I imported the original Japanese version. 

It's an underrated gem of a game that I've spent countless hours on over the years. It's my go-to travel game, just perfection. Is the Japanese version any better?

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

It's an underrated gem of a game that I've spent countless hours on over the years. It's my go-to travel game, just perfection. Is the Japanese version any better?

It's slightly worse and you won't recognise the songs but it's pretty much more of the same nonsense if you like that kind of thing.

44 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

MLB 2k11 was an excellent sim

Last time I fired up the 360, the disc was unreadable.  I'm absolutely gutted but still have hope it'll work again.  Amazingly good game.

Had a few hours on the new Blair Witch game tonight. Absolute rubbish. Its main mechanic - your dog companion who alerts you to "useful" things - barely works, leaving you to just wander around a samey-looking forest for ages in the hope that you'll stumble across whatever it is that you're supposed to be looking for. Ends up just being massively frustrating and monotonous. Glad it was on Game Pass so I hadn't paid any extra money for it. Avoid!