General News

Chest Rockwell

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unsure why someone would say a company is greedy for taking a £25 million deal rather than a £15 million deal. They can also do product placement which will bring in money. I don't watch the show(tried it and didn't like it), unsure why anybody would want to watch Mary Berry along with Mel and Sue. Three of the most annoying people on television and people tune in.  Then again people watch Top Gear, so I suppose it runs around the guideline that if you have annoying pricks on your show, you get viewers. No doubt people will stop watching due to channel changes, just the way things are. 

• 2 weeks later...

knew there was something I didn't like about him

CJ de Mooi, a former panellist on the BBC quiz show Eggheads, has been arrested on a European arrest warrant under his real name Joseph Connagh for an alleged killing, Scotland Yard said.

The 46-year-old from Monmouthshire was arrested at Heathrow Airport on Wednesday, according to Metropolitan Police.

The warrant issued in the Netherlands relates to an allegation of murder.

Mr Connagh will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Thursday.

He revealed in his autobiography that he may have killed a man while he lived on the streets two decades ago.

He said he punched a man who approached him with a knife and then threw him into a canal in Amsterdam in 1988.

He wrote in his autobiography: "He caught me on the wrong day and I just snapped."

He added: "I fully suspect I killed him. I've no idea what happened to him."

Mr Connagh, originally from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, became a panellist on the BBC Two show, which features five quiz champions competing as a team against different challengers, in 2003 after winning a series of game shows.

• Paid Members

It would be hilarious if he's going through this over a blatantly false story used to puff up his book. 

If it is true, what a nutter for admitting it in a book.

Also who would buy an eggheads autobiography? Police must be the only people that read it.

knew there was something I didn't like about him

CJ de Mooi, a former panellist on the BBC quiz show Eggheads, has been arrested on a European arrest warrant under his real name Joseph Connagh for being a twat, Scotland Yard said.

Archived