General News

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

I had a tiny sort of ponytail when I was at Catholic primary school. My mum had to meet the head about it and ended up threatening to beat her up. I soon left the school and kept the hair.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

After having to deal with newspaper stories like this for work i'm 99% sure there will be more to it than that. He probably rocked up to school looking like Dwayne Dibley or something and they've tidied up since. Saying that it looks like his mam cut his hair to save a few quid and the school probably saved him a weeks worth of dinner time beatings for being a scruffy twat. 

• Paid Members

Well, copying a style from another era is no defense; it's about uniformity and conformity with today's look. Louis XIV looked pretty snappy by the standards of his day but a boy would be rightfully sent home for a haircut like that these days.

Yeah, but Peaky Blinders is set in an early period of what one could argue became the modern era, i.e. industrial/post-industrial. Fashions back then aren't too far removed from current fashions, i.e. suits, ties, etc.

Archived