General News

Chest Rockwell

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

This is just a joke that's got out of hand isn't it?

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow is following this entire line of reasoning, that he got in too deep, and he can't bring himself to drop out, so he's trying to throw the race

Chest - I don't really see how his statement matches the usual anti-net neutrality line.

• Awards Moderator

And yet...

The 2016 presidential race took its ugliest turn yet Monday when GOP frontrunner Donald Trump called for a "total complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States" – a proposal that earned him raucous cheers from the Republican crowd at a rally on the USS Yorktown in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina.

"It's common sense and we have to do it," Trump told his backers. "We have no choice. We have. No. Choice.... We can't live like this. It's gonna get worse and worse; you're gonna have more World Trade Centers."

(You can watch the full video of Trump's address here; the Muslim-bashing begins around minute 50.)

Trump's proposal was denounced by prominent Republican leaders – including former Vice President Dick Cheney, who said it "goes against everything we stand for and believe in.”

But a terrifying new poll from North Carolina underscores the popular appeal of Trump's anti-Islamic bigotry among rank-and-file Republican voters.

The latest Public Policy Polling survey finds that Trump is the frontrunner in North Carolina, backed by a third of GOP voters, double the support for second-place Ted Cruz (16 percent).

According the PPP data and analysis, "Trump's Islamophobia is a central feature of his appeal to his supporters."

Among Trump backers, 67 percent support creating a national database of Muslims, 62 percent believe the discredited story that Arabs in New Jersey cheered as the twin towers fell on 9/11, more than half (51 percent) want to shut down mosques, and a full 44 percent believe Islam should be outlawed.

As shocking as these statistics are, it's vital to note that Trump hasn't cornered the market, politically speaking, on anti-Islamic sentiment.

Among North Carolina Republicans, only a third oppose the idea of a national database of Muslims or oppose government action to shutter mosques. Indeed, only a narrow plurality (41 percent) endorse the notion that Islam should remain legal in the U.S. – and a full 32 percent think one of the world's great religions should be outlawed.

(From Rolling Stone).

Terrifying.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/674936832010887168

"Respected columnist" lmao Hollywood couldn't come up a better comedy than this clown.

Imo he had alienated and/or pissed off too many groups to become President and if nominated will sink the Republican Party in 2016.

Dick Cheney even thinks he has gone too far. Just think about that.

• Paid Members

I mean, I always suspected he was trolling before, but the Katie Hopkins comment confirms it. He's clearly on the wind-up.

Edit: he's clearly taken the massive backlash from us Brits to heart. Earlier this afternoon he tweeted:

United Kingdom is trying hard to disguise their massive Muslim problem. Everybody is wise to what is happening, very sad! Be honest.

Oh, that massive Muslim problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to hold the tears back for this. A mum developed an aggressive form of cancer whilst she was pregnant with her third child. She refused terminating the baby to undergo aggressive chemo and gave birth to the baby prematurely. The baby died yesterday just 8 days old.

What she said is heartbreaking. Can't even begin to imagine what's going through her and her family's minds.

"the pain in my body and heart and my soul feels it will consume me and leave me un-whole"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-35145889

Archived