General News

Chest Rockwell

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"we need to sort out famine" stuff most people in the crowd were just shouting "give them all your money then you prick"

Never understood this thought process. I'm not sticking up for Bono, I can't say I've ever listened to anything he's said enough to form any opinion on him. But solving world problems like famine goes much further than just money, otherwise the hundreds of billions of £'s that are donated every few months would be making a greater impact. Bonno's few hundred million quid (or whatever's he's worth) would be gone in no time, and who knows whether or not he'll leave most of it to charities when he dies anyway. Not saying he isn't a prick but the "celebrities should donate all their money charity or STFU" argument doesn't hold much substance.

I feel a lot better about my love for Alberto del Rio after that revelation from Onyx. I mean, come on man.

There's nothing wrong with your love for ADR, amigo.

I think it just comes down to the preachy way that some celebrities come across when talking world issues such as famine. It's all well and good Bono telling people to donate money charity (which I'm not a against in the slightest, by the way), but that's an easy thing to do when you're a millionaire many times over and all of your money is held in Swiss bank accounts so that the tax man doesn't get to it.

• Paid Members

Bob Geldoff is the worst of all. Even worse than Bono. Middle class, foul mouthed, self-righteous prick. Always on at other folk to give money to those that need it but never see or hear him doing much else unless a camera is present.

Can't even sing into the bargain. Tit.

• Paid Members

Bob Geldoff is the worst of all. Even worse than Bono. Middle class, foul mouthed, self-righteous prick. Always on at other folk to give money to those that need it but never see or hear him doing much else unless a camera is present.

He was a shite actor as well. Check out "Number One" for some hilarity if you can.

Archived