General News

Chest Rockwell

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody is going around London Underground handing out cards shaming obese people..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34969424

_86968544_card.jpg

Sounds like the person doing this is a bit of a cunt.

If one of these was handed to me, it would be torn right up and the cunt would be dropped with a right, assuming it was a guy. If it was a lady then she'd get shouted down

• Paid Members

Somebody is going around London Underground handing out cards shaming obese people..

_86968544_card.jpg

if you say anything negative about fat people. people think you are one too.

As someone who has to use the tube everyday, Fat People are a bane of my life. I am not talking slightly over weight, I am talking Big Daddy, 2000AD style fatties who are 23 stone of pure fat. They take up two chairs, they do not care about other people and are generally rude. I once got up out of my seat on a tube train because a woman asked me to, who I assumed was pregnant. As I did she said thanks, my knees and ankles are hurting today and she crashed down drinking her probably double cream latte. definitely not pregnant

Are these cards out of order. Yeah. BUT, why is it now acceptable we should now say let fat people be fat and good on them for being so. It is not a good role model, it is not good for the NHS it's not good for their health!

• Moderators

_86968544_card.jpg

If one of these was handed to me, it would be torn right up and the cunt would be dropped with a right, assuming it was a guy. If it was a lady then she'd get shouted down

Nah he'd probably run away and you wouldn't be able to catch him, fatso..

• Paid Members

You're making the assumption that you know that every single fat person is self-indulgent, lazy and whatnot. I know at least four people who have got fat because they sustained severe injuries that prevent them from exercising, and the depression resulting from that, along with the pile-on of people judging them, has only served to make things worse. Generally speaking, I'd say it'd help to ask oneself why people allow themselves to get fat, instead of assuming they're just feckless individuals who like being stigmatised, mocked, and inconvenienced by ill-health.

• Paid Members

You're making the assumption that you know that every single fat person is self-indulgent, lazy and whatnot. I know at least four people who have got fat because they sustained severe injuries that prevent them from exercising, and the depression resulting from that, along with the pile-on of people judging them, has only served to make things worse. Generally speaking, I'd say it'd help to ask oneself why people allow themselves to get fat, instead of assuming they're just feckless individuals who like being stigmatised, mocked, and inconvenienced by ill-health.

Whilst your point is valid, you assume that not being able to exercise is the sole reason of the mentioned people being fat. If that were true, surely all people without the ability to exercise, or confined to a wheelchair, would be fat. This is not true at all. Your lifestyle choices are the most key part of this, especially what, and how much, you eat.

I did the juice diet a few years ago for 2 weeks. Lost 12lbs, started eating a lot healthier after it too. But old habbits die hard and after a few months of veg (which I hardly ate before) some meat, fish and fruit, I soon started to eat comfort foods again. However, I now eat in more moderation then I did. That is just as key as anything.

Also, depression is a terrible thing and I am not making light of that

• Paid Members

Whilst your point is valid, you assume that not being able to exercise is the sole reason of the mentioned people being fat. If that were true, surely all people without the ability to exercise, or confined to a wheelchair, would be fat. This is not true at all. Your lifestyle choices are the most key part of this, especially what, and how much, you eat.

I did the juice diet a few years ago for 2 weeks. Lost 12lbs, started eating a lot healthier after it too. But old habbits die hard and after a few months of veg (which I hardly ate before) some meat, fish and fruit, I soon started to eat comfort foods again. However, I now eat in more moderation then I did. That is just as key as anything.

Also, depression is a terrible thing and I am not making light of that

I understand what you're saying, but that's not correct - I didn't just cite lack of ability to exercise (and it would be foolish of me to do so, as not everyone is walking around with that kind of injury), I did also cite depression and (by implication) other psychological/emotional/mental factors which can contribute.

Please don't misunderstand me - I appreciate that there must be at least a few out there who are just completely laissez-faire with their health, but I would wager that the majority of fat people are fat because of such factors. In the same way that the vast majority of alcoholics drink because of deeper-seated issues, and the same applies to addicts of most types, we should bear in mind that many fat people most likely eat for the same reasons.

• Paid Members

I'm fat as fuck but I think if you are fat then it's fair game to be ridiculed. Like Nick said, it's all diet and exercise (if possible). I could sign up to a gym right now but instead I had a pulled beef bun and some smarties.

Nobody's fault but your own most of the time.

Worst are the plus size models (the ones that are actually massively overweight, not the proper ones) and obese feminists trying to convince everyone it's fine to be morbidly and unhealthily obese when it's not.

Someone handed me one of these cards i'd say fair cop.

As a former salad dodger and pie aficionado, if someone handed me one of those cards they'd get a slap. I used be around the 20 stone mark at, I was a proper lardy boy, but I wasn't inactive. I played rugby throughout my teens and into my early 20s, until I dislocated my knee. I carried on drinking and eating like I used to until my mid 20s when my metabolism just slowed right down and I piled on the pounds. It started off slowly, but next thing you know I was wearing XXL shirts and my waist ballooned up to 42 inches. I had a lot of clothes that must have "shrank in the wash", it wasn't until one day when I found myself struggling to walk up 8 flights of stairs did I realise I had to do something. Nearing 30 and having recently started a new job to get a whole new set of uniform which was on the snug side, I made a conscious effort to lose weight.

I started by not taking 6 rounds of sandwiches, 2 packs of crisps and 3 can's of pop in my work bag for lunch. I cut down the amount of sandwiches, with no cheese, ham and mayo ones, instead having tuna and salad. A big bottle of sugar free squash and no crisps. I got friendly with one of the guys at work and started going to the gym with him. Since motivating my self to go to the gym was always a problem, but he lived near me and he would pick me up. After 2 months of going to the gym 3 times a week, added to my active job I lost over 2 stone. From this I started doing weights again and changed my diet so I wasn't finishing at the gym and then going to the chippy, having a jumbo battered sausage and chips.

6 years on from when I started I'm about 15 stone and still have a bit of a gut, but I don't have the bitch tits I used to. I still have lapses now and again, with cheat meals that will be a whole pizza, but it's not the whole pizza garlic, bread 2 litres of coke and 8 cans of lager it would've been. My diet's going to go to shit in a couple of week's time with a friend's birthday meal, then the work Christmas do and Christmas holiday with NYE on top. The thing is come January I'll step on the sclaes and be motivated enough to drop the weight again and try to do better.

• Paid Members

As a former salad dodger and pie aficionado, if someone handed me one of those cards they'd get a slap. I used be around the 20 stone mark at, I was a proper lardy boy, but I wasn't inactive. I played rugby throughout my teens and into my early 20s, until I dislocated my knee. I carried on drinking and eating like I used to until my mid 20s when my metabolism just slowed right down and I piled on the pounds. It started off slowly, but next thing you know I was wearing XXL shirts and my waist ballooned up to 42 inches. I had a lot of clothes that must have "shrank in the wash", it wasn't until one day when I found myself struggling to walk up 8 flights of stairs did I realise I had to do something. Nearing 30 and having recently started a new job to get a whole new set of uniform which was on the snug side, I made a conscious effort to lose weight.

I started by not taking 6 rounds of sandwiches, 2 packs of crisps and 3 can's of pop in my work bag for lunch. I cut down the amount of sandwiches, with no cheese, ham and mayo ones, instead having tuna and salad. A big bottle of sugar free squash and no crisps. I got friendly with one of the guys at work and started going to the gym with him. Since motivating my self to go to the gym was always a problem, but he lived near me and he would pick me up. After 2 months of going to the gym 3 times a week, added to my active job I lost over 2 stone. From this I started doing weights again and changed my diet so I wasn't finishing at the gym and then going to the chippy, having a jumbo battered sausage and chips.

6 years on from when I started I'm about 15 stone and still have a bit of a gut, but I don't have the bitch tits I used to. I still have lapses now and again, with cheat meals that will be a whole pizza, but it's not the whole pizza garlic, bread 2 litres of coke and 8 cans of lager it would've been. My diet's going to go to shit in a couple of week's time with a friend's birthday meal, then the work Christmas do and Christmas holiday with NYE on top. The thing is come January I'll step on the sclaes and be motivated enough to drop the weight again and try to do better.

6 rounds of sandwiches. Holy shit!

Other then that, bloody great work and achievement. Also, I very much believe have some of what you like. Cheat meals are great. I will have a KFC on a Friday lunch time (or similar). Every other weekday is normally rice or cous cous with some protein of some kind and light sauce/dressing, fizzy water and some healhy-ish snacks/fruit.

• Paid Members

I'm fat as fuck but I think if you are fat then it's fair game to be ridiculed. Like Nick said, it's all diet and exercise (if possible). I could sign up to a gym right now but instead I had a pulled beef bun and some smarties.

Nobody's fault but your own most of the time.

Worst are the plus size models (the ones that are actually massively overweight, not the proper ones) and obese feminists trying to convince everyone it's fine to be morbidly and unhealthily obese when it's not.

Someone handed me one of these cards i'd say fair cop.

This is more what I was thinking of in my rant. It's being morbidly obese that concerns me the most. I have never been, but I have been overweight on and off ever since my metabolism slowed down about 8 years ago. It's down to me to lose the weight and try and keep it off. 

6 rounds of sandwiches. Holy shit!

That's 3 sandwiches cut in half, with each half being a round. Starting work at 7 with no breakfast, so about 9 I would have a sandwich a bag of crisps and a can of pop. Then for lunch 2 sandwiches a bag of crisps and a can of pop, then in the afternoon I would finish off the 3rd can of pop. I was losing weight just by knocking the fizzy drink and crisps on the head. Never mind going home and having a big dinner then drinking a load of cups of tea or more pop.

I would think nothing of having 6 pints on a quiet Wednesday evening when going to play pool in my local. As well as having 10-12 pints every Friday and Saturday along with a kebab or a greasy burger. As bad as it sounds I no longer drink as much beer as I did, but will still drink half a bottle of whiskey one night most weekends.

Archived