General News

Chest Rockwell

• Moderators

This concept was retired as a superthread some time back.

After a lengthy period under these new ways of working I still stand behind not having a "random thoughts" thread in Off Topic, because most of Off Topic is just conversational rubbish but a news thread is probably worth bringing back.

So, on to our first item of business - Charlie Sheen has the HIV.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I feel bad but I did laugh when the article went from one sentence saying "My trusted inner circle betrayed and blackmailed me" to the next saying "a hooker took photos of his HIV meds and threatened to leak them".

You gotta feel for the guy when that's his trusted inner circle..

• Paid Members

Probably being naïve but the thought a hooker would still sleep with him being HIV positive scared me a bit. How does he even have any money left? Surely he's due a bankruptcy?

• Paid Members

Probably being naïve but the thought a hooker would still sleep with him being HIV positive scared me a bit. How does he even have any money left? Surely he's due a bankruptcy?

He went straight from one inexplicably popular sitcom to another relatively popular shitcom — he actually probably raked in a bunch from that tour he did a while back, too.

He was on one of those stupid deals that they have on US sitcoms were his basic salary is near $1m per episode, the cast of Friends got that ball rolling years ago and the main of Modern Family and The Big Bang Theory are all on similar deals, although that hasn't stopped on of them from appear in ads for Intel.

Sheen will be nowhere near bankrupt, he could probably live off repeat fees for the rest of his life

I feel bad but I did laugh when the article went from one sentence saying "My trusted inner circle betrayed and blackmailed me" to the next saying "a hooker took photos of his HIV meds and threatened to leak them". You gotta feel for the guy when that's his trusted inner circle..

Because sex workers are inherently untrustworthy?

• Moderators

No, because someone whose company he is paying for is part of his trusted inner circle, implying he doesn't have any mates.

And yeah.. as it goes, if the business you're engaging in with someone is legally ambiguous at best you probably should be a bit more cautious about trusting them, regardless of what the product or service they're selling is.

So less of the superior moralising tone, thanks.

No, because someone whose company he is paying for is part of his trusted inner circle, implying he doesn't have any mates.

And yeah.. as it goes, if the business you're engaging in with someone is legally ambiguous at best you probably should be a bit more cautious about trusting them, regardless of what the product or service they're selling is.

So less of the superior moralising tone, thanks.

The wording of the article doesn't imply that the prostitute was a member of the inner circle he was speaking of, but I see what you mean now if you read it differently. Your post initially read as though it's worse to be blackmailed by a prostitute than by someone else - which is sex negative stigmatizing shite.

I'll just leave the deflecting tactic in the last sentence.

Archived