General News

Chest Rockwell

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

No, because someone whose company he is paying for is part of his trusted inner circle, implying he doesn't have any mates.

And yeah.. as it goes, if the business you're engaging in with someone is legally ambiguous at best you probably should be a bit more cautious about trusting them, regardless of what the product or service they're selling is.

So less of the superior moralising tone, thanks.

The wording of the article doesn't imply that the prostitute was a member of the inner circle he was speaking of, but I see what you mean now if you read it differently. Your post initially read as though it's worse to be blackmailed by a prostitute than by someone else - which is sex negative stigmatizing shite.

I'll just leave the deflecting tactic in the last sentence.

I don't know what "sex negative" means, sorry. And the last sentence is a totally valid reason to be cautious about where you place your trust. It's an unfortunate aspect of the girls' jobs so I don't think there's anything sex negative about that. (Did I use it right?)

• Paid Members
Saw somebody moaning about that yesterday. Who over the age of 21 still bought that shite? I was a religious FHM buyer in the late 90's/early 2000's when a titillating shot of Buffy the Vampire Slayer or one of the American Pie girls was a thrill. Surely the internet has rendered them useless for more than a decade?

• Awards Moderator

I remember someone bringing them in when I was in sixth form and I very much appreciated the content about Buffy and American Pie girls too. Never bought a copy though, nor ever considered doing so. Were they still doing that top 100 sexy ladies thing that Rachel Stevens won most years?

• Paid Members

Zoo was an absolute awful magazine, as was Nuts. They took the absolute worst tripe from Loaded and crammed it into a weekly shitfest. FHM wasn't anywhere as bad, but it's been years since I've actually looked through a copy.

Those kind of magazines are obsolete now. Esquire and GQ will probably always remain, but they're a different kettle of fish.

Didn't Tulisa win one year? Madness.

Fucking hell, really? Absolute rank. There are more girls that look like Tulisa in North London than there are Spurs fans.

• Paid Members

Surely the internet has rendered them useless for more than a decade?

Pretty much. They also went overkill with their own content.

Back when I was a teen, it was possible to buy an issue of Loaded or FHM where the only female nipples on show would be in the phone ads at the back.

Nuts and Zoo just crammed in the tits, and then upped it to the point where every issue had (concealed) full nudity.

Archived