WWE Summerslam 2015- Predictions, Spoilers etc

Callum1993

Jon Stewart hitting Cena with the chair was WCW levels of stupid. 

It was made worse by the fact that he teased hitting Cena from the moment he got in the ring. Why would he do that? Shouldn't he have just been focussing on Rollins?  Bad finish to both big matches really killed the feel of the show to me. 

Only answer I could come up with is him being from NY/NJ area and hating all things Boston. It's one of those "things America gets but the general world has no idea about" cases.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I enjoyed the show for the most part.

I didn't enjoy Cena/Rollins and haven't enjoyed Cena's work for months now. He's settled into the same pattern for every match. Just endless big moves, kickout, pause to show "how did he kick out of that?" do another big move repeat. Rollins is supposed to be the heel champ but wrestled as a babyface the whole match. And the ending was fucking pathetic. Leave that shit for the midcard. Rollins white gear looked shit but as he's supposed to be the heel I thought it's ugliness actually worked in his favour.

Reigns/Ambrose vs Wyatt Family was good but needed an extra 5-10 minutes. Seemed to end before it got the chance to step up a notch. Why does anyone actually boo Roman these days? I can only assume it's because they think it's the cool thing to do. He's been fantastic for months now and put in another impressive showing.

That womens match was best summed up by the bit where Paige screamed "this is my house!" then did a rubbish flip off the top rope. Though somehow Brie is actually worse that Paige. What an empty vessel that woman is. If this is your divas revolution you can shove it up your arse.

Rusev/Ziggler was also good fun though the double count out ending was pants. Surely you have Rusev sneak a cheap win with a countout victory to keep his heat for a mixed tag match at next months PPV with the babyfaces going over?

The 3 way IC match was a bloody lovely little match. All three were great but Miz deserves a special mention for his brilliant heel sneakiness.

Taker/Brock was match of the night and felt like a proper epic. Shame that ending shit all over it though. How does no one hear that before the match and say "Vince, I don't think that'll work"?! It ended the show on a downer which is a real shame because after that awesome match everyone should have left on a high.

I'm thinking heel turn from Undertaker. 
Commentators keep harping on about him using low blows on Lesnar and he tapped and took advantage of the situation to suit his own ends (all typical heel moves) whereas Lesnar went down the fighter, bloodied face, middle finger, did not tap (even though Lillian said 'submission' - dappy mare) but passed out.

I think WWE realise that he's the fucking Undertaker and, much like when they turned Austin originally in 2001, people will cheer whatever he does regardless.

However, if you start to strip away what the fans love about Undertaker (as they did with Austin running away from fights, hugging and singing to Vince McMahon etc) by having him tap and use shortcuts like low-blows then maybe people might just start turning against him.

It's an interesting story and I look forward to see what they do with it.

I am also hoping Rollins gets his statue. I reckon we could get some decent skits from that.

Impressed with Stephen Ammell too. Sure, the stuff he did was relatively basic but he did it very well and didn't look out of place, even if his selling could have done with some work (you're an actor for God's sake, man!)

I know no one cared that much, but I was drastically disappointed with the IC title match the more I think about it. From day 1, I thought the sole reason for having that entire angle was the double Shellshock spot, and we didn't get it. The match just started to pick up to the pace I had hoped it would, Mix was good, and it was a blast for about 1.5 minutes then boom they just ended it. Ryback looks fine which is priority but such a missed opportunity - particular as it's the twattish crowd who didn't really get fully behind Ryback, a big spot would've helped him and the show as a whole.

Also Big Show's swanton bomb - what the shitting crikey was that? Seemed like commentary were legit pissing themselves

• Paid Members

If they'd removed all of the confusion of Taker tapping and just had Brock lose the match exactly how he did, giving the finger and going unconscious, I don't think either guy would have been gained or lost anything, it would have gone down as one of the best matches of the year and everyone would have been just as excited to see their third match at WrestleMania.

Such an awesome, iconic visual of Brock going out, defiant until the very end, will unfortunately be forgotten due to the screwy nature of how it came about. Remove the convoluted nonsense and that could have been treated with the same reverence and historical significance that Austin passing out at WrestleMania 13 received.

If they'd removed all of the confusion of Taker tapping and just had Brock lose the match exactly how he did, giving the finger and going unconscious, I don't think either guy would have been gained or lost anything, it would have gone down as one of the best matches of the year and everyone would have been just as excited to see their third match at WrestleMania.

Such an awesome, iconic visual of Brock going out, defiant until the very end, will unfortunately be forgotten due to the screwy nature of how it came about. Remove the convoluted nonsense and that could have been treated with the same reverence and historical significance that Austin passing out at WrestleMania 13 received.

I think the key to the finish was the camera actually fucking catching Taker tapping. None of us saw that, that's why we were all so confused. Still a convoluted ending, but not seeing Taker tap I thought some Survivor Series '97 shit had gone down or something. It's a farce really, to miss the most important spot of a Summerslam main event. director's had a shocker there

Shouldn't take toooo much away from the match though. Apart from being the hottest the crowd got that night, it was a fucking throwback wasn't it? Lesnar cussing all over the place, the middle finger, and was that a blade job? Very straight looking cut on the forehead. I am looking forward to part 3 even if I wouldn't have booked it. If you told me before hand that I'd be quite excited to see Taker/Lesnar 3 by the end of the event I probably wouldn't have believed you

Hopefully they do a video where Lesnar calls Charles Robinson a "fucking dickhead" and threatens to punch his Flair hair off his head.

combine this with Cena ragdolling the shit out of that twat Stewart and Enzo & Cass debuting and we can have a nice feel-good Raw tonight

Seriously though, I wanna see Cena kick that guy's teeth out. Book the match

• Paid Members

Jon Stewart hitting Cena with the chair was WCW levels of stupid. 

It was made worse by the fact that he teased hitting Cena from the moment he got in the ring. Why would he do that? Shouldn't he have just been focussing on Rollins?  Bad finish to both big matches really killed the feel of the show to me.

Only answer I could come up with is him being from NY/NJ area and hating all things Boston. It's one of those "things America gets but the general world has no idea about" cases.

I don't think he meant why did Stewart clobber Cena but why did he make it obvious he was in two minds the whole time when if he'd just stood as if about to hit Rollins, it would have been a reasonably surprising swerve. As for why - no one cares.

I think it's just a case of protecting their biggest/2nd biggest draw. I've no problem with that. The finish wasn't that bad either. Robinson's acting was OTT but it's not a stretch in credibility to believe the timekeeper might have signalled a finish after years of doing it. I think it would have worked better had they not already had the horrible finish to the World title match and a fucking double count-out of all things.

• Paid Members

It's the first blood in ages (on Brock) that I thought was a blade job. Brock is my favourite but I still cringed every time he gave Taker a suplex.

I loved the middle finger as he was fading out, it was like the end of terminator 2. I agree it didn't need the screw job nonsense in the match.

Taker looked so knackered, if it was mostly selling he's overdoing it and if he was legit that knackered he should probably call it a day.

Stephen Amell was great but it's funny that he looks so ripped in Arrow but next to the wrestlers he looked completely ordinary. Jon Stewart was horrible, his interference was the worst. I hated it when he took the chair away after hitting Cena then had to bring it back to the right spot for the finish.

Seth's white outfit looked cool.

It was okay, I guess. Definitely not one of my favourite Summerslams though.

Most of the wrestling was solid, though there were only two matches that felt like they meant anything so the four hour running time meant it definitely dragged. Pleased New Day won the titles back as they're hilarious.

Rollins v Cena was very good and Taker v Lesnar great but both finishes definitely spoilt them. Trying to protect Lesnar's aura in big matches is causing them problems and has made for two anticlimactic PPV finishes in a row. I'm sure Taker v Lesnar 3 will be good, this one was tons better than their Mania match but I'd stil prefer to see them both do something else.

but who else is there for Rollins to fight?

Cesaro they could make something worthy of with his momentum, but not one for the buyrates I'll admit. Reigns who fans would whinge over but I think the two could work a really good programme. Bryan if he gets back would be good.That's about it though, which is pretty sad.

Archived