#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

While I was on holiday in Boston I ate lots of very nice food. Stuff not really appropriate for this thread like lobster, prime rib and seabass tatare.

However, after going to the ice hockey me and the mate got  absolutely roaring drunk and I decided I wanted "some American food that the fat ones eat" so ordered Canada's national dish, poutine.

potine.jpg

That's tater tots covered in gravy, chives and AMERICAN CHEESE!

First off, look at it. Genuinely looked and smelled like what my cat leaves on the carpet after he eats too quickly. Plus it had American cheese, which is the devils work. When I have cheddar I want to feel like I'm being fisted in the mouth by Sonny Liston.

It was utterly terrible, but I soldiered through and ate most of it, washing it down with the soothing suds of 8% IPA from Bukowski's Tavern (appropriately located in a fucking multi-storey car park). I vomited heartily when I got back to the hotel and shat my O-ring out the following day like I'd recreated a particularly aggressive Ava Devine gangbang video with objects of furniture in the living room.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Suggested a proper English breakfast to the missus this morning.

"Fried bread?", she asks with a confused look on her face. "Why would you fry bread?"

I had no answer as I've always just accepted fried bread for what it is.

• Paid Members

Gus —You've been had. You've been took. You've been hoodwinked. Bamboozled. Led astray. That's not proper poutine. Proper poutine would have at least an attempt at cheese (which the Canadians do better than the yanks), and it would be chips, not tater tots. You poor sod.

Surf — where's your missus from? I could go for a fried slice, might give it a go with breakfast tomorrow. Or I might make french toast.

• Paid Members

Suggested a proper English breakfast to the missus this morning.

"Fried bread?", she asks with a confused look on her face. "Why would you fry bread?"

I had no answer as I've always just accepted fried bread for what it is.

Because it tastes better then toast

• Paid Members

I can't believe I vomited and violently damaged my arse for a fraud.

I honestly still get a bit queasy every time I scan past that poutine image. It really was that bad, like creamy croquettes. Worst thing I have eaten since the Al'Falafel hash browns which caused me to recreate Dam Busters in the khazi.  

A couple of years ago I'd lost a couple of stone and wanted some kind of mega Fuck of heart-attack-on-a-plate treat. I saw a thing on Facebook that I ended up making. I made my own thin burger party about 6 inches in diameter and then instead of a bun I sandwiched it between two microwave Chicago Town pizzas. It was very messy but tasted incredible.