#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Who's got the cojones to give this a whirl?

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/babek-doner-kebab-meat-600g/p/58147

been there, done that about 20 years ago. you bought them with a pita and heated them seperately. They were inoffensive but didn't really taste like Kebab (SHOCK!)

Edited by Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

My doctor prescribed me kebab meat once, true story.

Wait? How does that work? I'm no Mark Sloan, but I can't think of many medical conditions that are remedied by copious amounts of poor quality sheep arse.

• Paid Members

I had salmonella, and lost about 30lbs in 10 days — when I was getting over it, and went back to the doctor, he told me that when I went back to uni in a couple of days, I should have at least two kebab meals a week for a while, until I felt like I was regaining some weight. I wasn't quite the fat lard in those days that I am now, and 30lbs off my frame was close to 20% of my bodyweight, so he told me that some greasy, salty food would set me straight.

Seems odd that kebab meat would be considered a cure for salmonella, seems like more of a likely cause.

EDIT — Also, I was going back for my third year at Bangor university. Sheep's arse is a delicacy round those parts.

Edited by Bill Diarrhea

Most salmonella caught from eating a kebab would come from the sauce rather than the meat.   I used to eat the stuff sold by the bagful from Iceland/Farmfoods a lot in my late teens/early 20's and never gain weight.  Now at 31 all I have to do is look at a takeaway menu and I go up a pound or two.

This is how I do my tuna melts - I usually have two lots in one go - has been my grease staple for practically years now:

Either thick white bread or go D'Lo Brown.

Tinned tuna, sunflower oil only. Brine need not apply.

Cheap white cheddar. I like the blocks because you get to slice off stupidly thick chunks yourself.

A generous amount of pepper. The powdery, normal person kind. Not that giant shit that falls off chips.

Chef brown sauce.

Generous amount of that oily, crap pseudo butter on the inside of the sandwhich.

A light layer of the same butter on the outside of the sandwhich.

Close the sandwhich and grill both sides until golden brown. It's heaven on the brain. Goes super with tea, coffee or a can of cheap ass Polish beer. Brown sauce and pepper just synergise with the melty tuna cheese thing so well and make it a savoury smash.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

I can. I just didn't there. I'm tired hiding in work and very very hungry. Fuck sake :(.

Brown breads just a flavour, right? Never paid attention to any of it's healthy benefits because now there's brown and then some which is presumably much healthier and means standard brown's really just a different colour bread to white. Or something.

Works best with the flavour of the above. But like I say thick white bread aint' no slouch either. Nice brown bread > ordinary size white.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

I put on an inordinate amount of weight first year at uni with a special sandwich I invented made with khobz bread, sauerkraut, mayo, and those frickadellan you get (got?) at Aldi. Powerful sandwich, that.

They still stock them. They are still boss.

My corner shop stocks sauerkraut, I pick a jar up now and then. A lovely accompaniment to loads of stuff.