#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

It consisted of salt and pepper ribs, chicken balls, crispy chicken, crispy beef, curry samosas, chips, fried rice and sweet and sour sauce.

Luckily I’m home alone this weekend, as it has made me generate possibly the worst farts I have ever created.  You could cut them with a knife.  Pungent as fuck.  Patio doors are wide open, raining in a bit, but they are staying open!

• Paid Members

Tonight’s offering, an Abdul’s Chicken Kebab and Mixed Starter.

The naan bread is at least a third smaller than last time I went (about 6 months ago), so a bit pissedd off, but it was very nice.

0B342275-BF65-4EA9-BE75-1FEFD8E5F83A.jpeg

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

I for one am thoroughly enjoying Thunderplex's coronary dinner tour.

Sadly, it ended last night.  I’ve been home alone all weekend, so have indulged in pure shite.  Back to normal tonight, probrably grilled chicken and baked potatoes.  Mega-comedown.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I need to sort my life out. My banks fraud detection team just called me about a transaction I made on the internet and decided to check my last transaction was also valid. A McDonald's breakfast. But before I could confirm it he said it was fine as he could see that's where I use my card the most. :(

Edited by ReturnOfTheMack

I don't know if @air_raid is aware but when I was in Pound Bakery the other day, a poster informed me that you can buy their pasties frozen so you can bake them at home.  Was tempted to stock up if I'm completely honest, but I'd be disappointed if they weren't baked to perfection in my oven.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I don't know if @air_raid is aware but when I was in Pound Bakery the other day, a poster informed me that you can buy their pasties frozen so you can bake them at home.  Was tempted to stock up if I'm completely honest, but I'd be disappointed if they weren't baked to perfection in my oven.

Interesting. Although officially I haven't eaten from a Pound Bakery since my last trip to Preston, which was bloody years ago since I stopped giving money to PCW.

I do, however have weakness in that I'm physically incapable of a trip through Manchester Picc, Euston or New Street without buying from The Pasty Shop. Overpriced though it is, I find it irresistible.

I wont harp on but I try to avoid bakeries in day to day now I'm in the gym 3 times a week.

• Paid Members

Ever see a foodstuff that looks so spectacularly dreadful you feel compelled to buy it?

In Tesco the other day I picked up a "Breakfast wrap" from the frozen section. You get 2 in a packet. According to the packaging, this consists of "pieces of cooked pork sausagemeat and egg omelette with hash browns, crispy bacon and processed cheese slices served in a white tortilla wrap". All of this for £1. £1! Imagine the quality of the ingredients? But I simply had to buy this both out of morbid curiosity and the interest of science and also because it just screamed "EATCLEAN!" at me. 

If I had to take a guess, I'd imagine that much of the constituent parts consist of some sort of circus animal. Had it for a late breakfast today and here are my findings.

41731754_544735989295111_848511756870352

The manufacturer instructs you to microwave these for 1 minute 10 seconds, then turn them over and repeat for the other side. Here they are pre-nuking. The frozen meat, if you can call it that, didn't all fit in the frozen wrap so some of the contents spilled out when I put them on the plate.

41911526_544736049295105_433882568525558

And here they are post-nuking, ready for consumption.They taste like they've been drenched in salt, although the sausage meat is tasteless. The bacon is actually alright, and seems to be where most of the overwhelming salt taste is coming from.One of the wraps was a bit hard, which is what generally happens when you microwave bread. All in all, it was alright. The chemically aftertaste lasts long after you've finished your final bite. An interesting experminent with an overlying sense that you're slowly killing yourself. I definitely wouldn't eat these too regularly if you value the prospect of continued existence but for EATCLEAN purposes, I would recommend. 

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest