#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Going back to the last page, if you're buying a Pizza from a Pizza chain as opposed to your local Kebab house then you have no place in this thread. Please leave and take your twofer tuesdays with you.

• Paid Members

We have a place called Chaz Chaz that do the best Kebabs I have ever had. They do a "Special for Two" that involves 2 full trays of kebab meat(think a large silver takeaway curry tray), 6 pieces of chicken tikka, a skewer of beef kebab, 2 portions of chips, 4 pitta breads, 4 tubs of sauce(or 2 if you want the some of the sauce already on the meat) and a tray of salad(for the bin, obviously. It tastes fucking stunning and there is just enough for me on a hungry night!

• Paid Members

Regional takeaway filth always piques my interest. I've been intrigued by a 'chicken parmo' for ages but they're not available round here. If I'm ever in the North East I fear I'm going to be really disappointed when I finally get to try one.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

Regional takeaway filth always piques my interest. I've been intrigued by a 'chicken parmo' for ages but they're not available round here. If I'm ever in the North East I fear I'm going to be really disappointed when I finally get to try one.

They are moving south.  A pizza place near me does them.  Shit but satisfying.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Northern takeaway foods have always intrigued me, what generally are the popular ones? 

The good ol' Kebab smothered with both chilli and garlic sauce always goes down best around here, or a Calzone Kebab if you want something a bit more substantial. And if all else fails, Fish n Chips, smothered with Curry Sauce/Gravy/Beans/Mushy Peas(delete as appropriate) and a jumbo battered sausage...

At least one takeaway where I grew up in County Durham is currently doing a pizza with a chip stuffed crust.

Also an old Scottish friend used to routinely get thrown out of takeaways in Manchester for insisting that they drop his pizza in the deep fryer. Apparently they were all the rage in Dundee.

6 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Northern takeaway foods have always intrigued me, what generally are the popular ones? 

Growing up in deepest darkest Lancashire. Steak and Kidney pudding, chips, ton of gravy over the top, barm cake or two to mop up the gravy and make chip barms. Plus can or two of cheap pop usually never chilled. Used to eat that and go and play football. Not sure if I could move for a few hours if I ate that now.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

• Paid Members

Think they should specify a stotty's more North-East and North Yorkshire. Could be wrong, but have never heard it used in West Yorkshire. Mind you, only time I've heard "teacake" was in reference to the sweet ones with fruit in that you have with tea for a snack.

• Awards Moderator
34 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Think they should specify a stotty's more North-East and North Yorkshire. Could be wrong, but have never heard it used in West Yorkshire. Mind you, only time I've heard "teacake" was in reference to the sweet ones with fruit in that you have with tea for a snack.

That’s no stottie in that picture. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

That’s no stottie in that picture. 

Yeah, isn't a stotty/stottie a fair bit more substantial? A friend from Hexham was saying a common way of having "stotty kyeks" was with a pie in the middle.