#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Looking for some decent microwave meals.  Morrisons do some nice curries at two fifty a pop but any recommendations on frozen goodness? Cheese free, of course.

Iceland do a new range of a ton of different microwave smallish Indian streetfood dishes, they'e 4 for 5 quid and they're nice. I'm a vegetarian and there are like 5 veggie options, it's pretty cool.

So a stottie cake, at least where I'm from is traditionally much bigger than your standard BUN. It should be the diameter of your average plate pie and just a little thicker. The bread itself should also be a little more dense, a bit like soda bread with a concave middle. 

Edited by BrodyGraham
Correction

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Looking for some decent microwave meals.  Morrisons do some nice curries at two fifty a pop but any recommendations on frozen goodness? Cheese free, of course.

Co-op currys are two for £5 and are the best microwave curry I've had. 

• Paid Members

Does anywhere do microwavable kebabs that are at least semi edible? I really fancied a kebab this aft, but the local chippy that sells them on an afternoon is shut for 2 weeks for some reason. I tried that stuff from(I think) Jack Fultons in a bag, and it gave me shocking food poisoning so wont be trying that again. Morrisons used to do a great one in their chilled "Food of the Wold" section, but they haven't had them for ages now....

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Ralphy said:

not sure if this is of interest to anyone, but i love to look at these recipe videos on youtube, its from a guy who makes such amazing looking cakes/deserts/general treats that Jamie Oliver would try to ban the internet if he watched the videos!

Its an aussie guy and its called "the simple cooking channel" most recipes use between 2 and 5 ingredients, and, are, um, simple...! 

Ive made the peanut butter brownies from it, delicious

https://www.youtube.com/user/SimpleCookingChannel/playlists

this channel is good too, no bake recipes and are more healthy than the one above, if that's your thing 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOLsiMc-IF5RzWGHFiIkxrw

Take this to the cookery thread Ralphy. This really isn't #EatClean.  

Youtube can be a goldmine for #EATCLEAN content, I've sat there watching people eating microwave meals and snacks for far too long.

Look at Mark with his genius idea to toast off the top of the meal!

EDIT: He did a battered sausage in a long roll!

Edited by Merzbow

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, Ralphy said:

so this morning i was planning to have poached eggs on toast, but i didn't fancy toast in the end and had 2 poached eggs with cinnamon porridge, a combo that was surprisingly tasty and filling, i will be having it again! 

Were the eggs in the porridge?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Ralphy said:

so this morning i was planning to have poached eggs on toast, but i didn't fancy toast in the end and had 2 poached eggs with cinnamon porridge, a combo that was surprisingly tasty and filling, i will be having it again! 

Poached? Well la-de-da, Boat Race.