The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

• Paid Members

I didn't say you were an absent father. I was referring to you saying you wanted to reduce the money to £150 a week which struck me as odd given how you were going to spend £700 on a suit. But I sort of get it if she's not spending the cash on your kid. Is there some sort of legal mechanism where any money she gives you for the child *must* be spent on the child or expenses arising from her looking after the child?

Am I the only one that thinks £150 is a lot per week for a child? Don't know why your giving Kat such a hard time over it to be honest

I'm not giving him a hard time. I asked a question which he answered and we moved on.

It generally depends on the earnings of the parents and the 'lifestyle' (I.e if they go to private school, have music lessons etc). It's determined based on parental income for the most part

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members

So... After weeks of fannying around and chickening out I finally plucked up the courage to [sort of] ask this guy out. He was in the pub tonight with a National Trust leaflet and was saying there are a lot of places in London he's never been to like Kew Gardens. I said I'd never been and it's meant to be beautiful - perfect opportunity! - I said if he wanted anyone to go with him then I'd tag along. So he told me to write my number on the leaflet and he'd let me know when he was planning to go. Obviously nothing's set in stone but the ball's now in his court so I'll just have to wait and see if he goes actually text me. I'll probably see him again on Thursday as I'm working so if he hasn't texted then maybe I'll give him a nudge or something.

Jesus, my palms were sweating just doing that.

Edited by Monkee

Isn't tinder for doing the nasty? What's all this dating nonsense!

I remember reading somewhere (maybe here) in mocking tones that only the UK could turn a hookup site into a dating site. Some kind of ingrained inability to let go of its reserved nature when it comes to sex. I dunno.

As for me, about 6 months after breaking up with my ex, and after a lot of nagging, I relented and am 'putting myself out there' more. More specifically dating apps. A few various apps to serve a couple of purposes. We're all grown ups here so no elaboration required. But I'm hesitant to join Tinder, and chances are that would yield the best results. I guess it's my trait of 'going against the grain' or not 'following the crowd'.

I'm a complete novice as well so despite not being a gargoyle (so I'm told, lol) I'm not yielding much in the way of anything. Wish me luck.

Yeah I thought £150 was a lot too. Have you used this?

https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance

Clearly tattoo artists are minted.

Had a look on it and apparently I should pay £140 a week, so my offer was pretty fair I think.

Anyway, she said she'd move if I dropped her money so I caved instantly. Keeping it at £250 a week until he starts school when we will talk about it again (not going to hold my breath though.)