NJPW World

Sphinx

Not seeing *** general Cody isn't any bother to me, but disappointed with the lack of Golden Lovers.

If I had to predict a line-up, I'd be guessing LIJ, Suzuki-Gun, probably Liger, Ishii, Goto, Yano, Switchblade, Juice as well. Hopefully, they chuck either Okada/Tanahashi on top of that, and then you mix in your RevPro guys like Ospreay, Scurll, ZSJ. 

Have RevPro announced if they're doing another British J Cup this year? Could see them running that in conjunction.

• Paid Members
On 21/03/2018 at 11:10 AM, air_raid said:

Anyone that knocks off Naito, Ibushi, Sanada and Tana more than deserves a title shot. Of course he's not going to win, but I guarantee there will be points during the match you think he might.

Fair?

Someone's got to reign Osprey in. He's living the mark's dream, working for the best wrestling company in the world right now, but with all the daily injuries, numbness, etc that he apparently has (with a worrying tinge of pride), I fear there'll be nothing left of him when the E come calling. Course, he'll likely buck this expectation, not change a thing, and still have a successful five year blast. Rubbery bastard, lol.

There was an interesting comment in Jericho's Omega podcast, where they talk about how they had to ditch their planned opening spot using the scaffolding because the light-heavies had already thrown themselves off of it too much. It perhaps highlighted the amount of freedom NJPW higher-ups give all their talent come the bell. Seems like a blessing and a curse for sparky young lions like Osprey.

Edited by CavemanLynn

7 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

Someone's got to reign Osprey in. He's living the mark's dream, working for the best wrestling company in the world right now, but with all the daily injuries, numbness, etc that he apparently has (with a worrying tinge of pride), I fear there'll be nothing left of him when the E come calling. Course, he'll likely buck this expectation, not change a thing, and still have a successful five year blast. Rubbery bastard, lol.

There was an interesting comment in Jericho's Omega podcast, where they talk about how they had to ditch their planned opening spot using the scaffolding because the light-heavies had already thrown themselves off of it too much. It perhaps highlighted the amount of freedom NJPW higher-ups give all their talent come the bell. Seems like a blessing and a curse for sparky young lions like Osprey.

Nah, he wont listen.
He's had veterans on Twitter like Rip Rogers say he should cut out all the death defying stuff and he responded along the lines of he was having fun and doing well and the wrestling business has changed since you were in it Grandad [I'm paraphrasing, obviously].

Every generation has their daredevils, whether its Dynamite Kid or Mick Foley, and ultimately they all pay the price for it in the long term.

As a great man once said 'those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it'.

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

Ospreys selling has been amazing this past few months in Japan, especially in today’s match with a Scurll but then he goes back to doing 450s and shooting star presses within minutes, just cancels out all the good work he’s doing. 

Anyways Title feuds coming out of that show are clear, probably matches for Dontaku and Dominion

Okada/Tanahashi 

Suzuki/Naito

Ospreay/Kushida

Evil and Sanada/KES

Goto/Juice

White/Finlay is happening on April 24th. 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

8 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

Concur! The guy isn’t going to have a long career doing stuff like that, he’ll end up like the dynamite kid

Edited by Jimmy Boy

Apparently Ospreay is injured but quite how badly nobody is sure. Meltzer is saying he was in 'excrutiating' Pain backstage after the match.

His status for NOLA shows is up in the area. It honestly wouldn' surprise me if he didn't fracture/break his neck after watching that video.  I honestly hope for his sake he hasn't.  

Crazy amount of great matches were just announced for this month at New Japan

April 23rd

Jr Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Kanemaru and El Desperado(c) Vs Hiromu Takahashi and Bushi

April 24th

New Japan United States Title: Jay White(c) Vs David Finlay

April 27th

Never Openweight Title: Hirooki Goto(c) Vs Juice Robinson

April 29th

IWGP Intercontinental Title: Minoru Suzuki(c) Vs Tetsuya Naito

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Evil and Sanada(c) Vs Killer Elite Squad

Dontaku Night 1

Kenny Omega Vs Hangman Page

Cody Vs Kota Ibushi

Never Openweight 6 Man Titles: Guerillas Of Destiny and Bad Luck Fale(c) Vs The Young Bucks and Marty Scurll

Dontaku Night 2

Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa and Bad Luck Fale Vs Cody, Hangman Page, The Young Bucks and Marty Scurll

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Title: Will Ospreay(c) Vs Kushida

IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada(c) Vs Hiroshi Tanahashi 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Apparently Ospreay is injured but quite how badly nobody is sure. Meltzer is saying he was in 'excrutiating' Pain backstage after the match.

His status for NOLA shows is up in the area. It honestly wouldn' surprise me if he didn't fracture/break his neck after watching that video.  I honestly hope for his sake he hasn't.  

Although he's clearly talented, he's also quite clearly a bloody idiot. He's going to be either retired by 30, or in a condition where he really should be. He was feeling numbness in his arms about what, 2 years ago? Whilst in his early 20s. He needs to sort himself out for his own sake, life is more important than praise from Meltzer.