NJPW World

Sphinx

New Japan have a (sort of) show in the US the day before the MK show. I hope that doesn't mean half the roster will be missing.

http://shoryuken.com/2018/03/09/ceo-x-new-japan-pro-wrestling-live-event-to-be-held-on-friday-june-29th-in-daytona-beach/

CEO Founder, Director and Promoter Alex Jebailey has been teasing a massive announcement for the annual summer event in Florida, one that would shock the fighting game community to its core — and he finally delivered with the announcement of CEO X NJPW.

This will be a live professional wresting event, featuring the stars of New Japan Pro Wrestling — which has been steadily nurturing and growing its relationship in the United States with the G1 Special in USA, and a return to Long Beach, California set for later this month for the Strong Style Evolved event. But now, the stars of New Japan will be bringing their unique brand of hard-hitting action to Daytona Beach, Florida — the site of CEO 2018 — on Friday, June 29th, to kick off the massive weekend of festivities.

Dubbed “an experience and crossover event the FGC will never forget,” by Alex Jebailey, the TO notes that tickets for “The King of Sports” event will go on sale in April; a special pre-sale and price discount for all CEO 2018 registrants will be available, and “affordable general admission” is promised. The match card will be revealed at a later date. When asked about seating, Jebailey noted that there would be “over 9,000 if needed,” and that those with spectator passes will also be e-mailed about the pre-sale.

“The Cleaner” Kenny Omega — former IWGP Jr. Heavyweight and first-ever United States Champion — has attended the last two CEOs as a special guest, and has already confirmed his attendance on Twitter, exclaiming that this is “The crossover event [he’s] been waiting for!” while extending an invite to WWE’s Xavier Woods to come with him

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

We’ve bought some tickets for the Manchester show this morning.

I’m like a kid, I’m so excited.

Ditto. I can walk to a met stop to catch a tram to Alty from my house, and ÂŁ22 to see the lads is nothing. Waiting for talent announcements before I go for Milton Keynes though.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Apologies as I am obviously missing something - is NJPW doing shows in the UK?

http://www.revolutionprowrestling.com/news/2018/03/27/strong-style-evolved-uk

Edit - deadline for the mailing list has passed now. General sale Monday 9th.

Edited by air_raid

4th row for the Manchester show, can't wait. 

Will be my first time seeing a lot of the NJPW lot, apart from a handful from the WCPW Japanese show last year - really exciting stuff.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, AdamTH17 said:

Will be my first time seeing a lot of the NJPW lot, apart from a handful from the WCPW Japanese show last year - really exciting stuff.

I got to see one of the strangest and funniest things I'd ever seen in wrestling at that WCPW show - Liger drawing moustaches on the other wrestlers' merch photos.

Edited by Carbomb

2 hours ago, Herne's Son said:

This is starting to worry me, does anyone see this being a NJPW show which consists of mostly English guys with maybe 4 Japanese wrestlers?

Only Kenny and Kota Ibushi have said they arnt there so far which we sort of knew allready with them doing the CEO thing.

I'd expect a decent card consisting of most of the top guys still

Sorry for the double post.. For anyone going to Strong Style Evolved, they have also confirmed there will be more non Japanese New Japan Guys at the show too. 

Edit: Cody, Omega and Ibushi have confirmed they will not be at the shows. 

Edited by TildeGuy~!