NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Cheapheat said:

Well thank you sir! I should also say that I owe you a personal thanks for your Powerslam article for years ago that you mentioned in your new book thread. It is such a dizzying place, that guide really helped me while I was there, and lit a fire under my ass to go there. It was very influential for me, so a doth of the cap! Thanks so much!

Cheers, though I think the PowerSlam piece was someone else (Oliver Hurley perhaps) -- my Japan one was in FSM last month.

Sadly they are on the replay that was on nj world this morning. Hoping it’s replaced with kelly and Callis as they said they were doing it last week 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

I see they have announced 2 Strong Style Evolved shows, 1 in Milton Keynes and 1 in Altrincham, in roughly 2000 seater venues. I won't be going to either, but am curious as to how much they will charge and who will be on the show. Will this just be the replacement for Global Wars?

Quildan has tweeted that tickets will be £20-£75. In terms if who will be on it... most of the roster subsidised by a couple of homegrown, judging by last night's card.

• Paid Members

I thought it was a fun event. Great in ring storytelling, generally good - great matches. They tried to feature a bit of everything so I’m not sure if the purest would have fully enjoyed it. It felt a bit like a show that was trying to show off to a new audience and win them over. I was personally happy with that approach. The crowd were spot on too. Very little to raise an eye at.

JR and Josh weren’t particularly good, but you could have expected worse from them. I think NJPW need to realise that they aren’t need. The attendance and viewing audience aren’t there because of JR and Josh. I understand the concept that they are recognisable names, however they add nothing. Need some new voices in time for the summer show.

Character wise, Cody was on form. As a character he shone more so than anyone else on the card. There were numerous great gimmicks, characters and pops to go with it, but Cody stood out for me.

In ring top performer, too much to judge and base it on. Might need to watch it again. Everyone who you assume will be great, was so.

I was also very impressed by how on form Liger was. What is he, 56?... moving around like a 26 year old. Amazing.

The full card for this Sunday’s Sakura Genesis has been announced.

Chase Owens and Yujiro Takahashi Vs The Young Bucks

Toru Yano and Tomohiri Ishii Vs Taichi and Takashi Iisuka 

Never Openweight 6 Man Titles: Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa and Bad Luck Fale (c) Vs Ryusuke Taguchi, Michael Elgin and Togi Makabe

David Finlay, Juice Robinson and Hiroshi Tanahashi Vs Jay White, Hirooki Goto and Yoshi Hashi 

Sanada, Evil and Tetsuya Naito Vs Davey Boy Smith Jr, Lance Archer and Minoru Suzuki 

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Titles: El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) Vs Sho and Yoh Vs Hiromu Takahashi and Bushi 

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title: Will Ospreay (c) Vs Marty Scurll

Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi Vs Cody and Hangman Page

IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) Vs Zack Sabre Jr

Edited by TildeGuy~!