NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

The phrase "form of his life" comes to mind, quite liked that submission he uses. Anyone that knocks off Naito, Ibushi, Sanada and Tana more than deserves a title shot. Of course he's not going to win, but I guarantee there will be points during the match you think he might. I love New Japan.

The full Strong Style Evolved card has been announced for Sunday

(1) Rocky Romero, SHO & YOH vs Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky
(2) Juice Robinson & David Finlay vs Hirooki Goto & Gedo
(3) Toru Yano & Chuckie T vs Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
(4) Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa vs Cody & Marty Scurll
(5) Hiroshi Tanahashi, KUSHIDA, Ryusuke Taguchi & Dragon Lee vs Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi

(6) Special Singles Match: Jushin “Thunder” Liger vs Will Ospreay

(7) Special Tag Match: Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii vs Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr.

(8) IWGP U.S. Heavyweight Championship Match: [2nd Champion] Jay White vs [Challenger] Hangman Page
~ 1st defense

(9) Special Tag Match: Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi vs Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Is Strong Style Evolved definitely on New Japan World? I’m sure I heard it was on AXS or something instead.

AXS in the US and on-demand after the show, live and on-demand on NJWorld everywhere else, was my understanding. 

Edited by mim731

5 hours ago, Louch said:

Yeah tonight. Woke up thinking it had been Saturday night and then clicked 

Me too, I was disappointed, wanted t watch some wrestling today. I guess I'll look through the njpw world back catalogue. Could anyone do me a solid and recommend some good susuki matches pre 2015. That would be awesome, not quite sure where to start.

• Paid Members

Suzuki-Tanahashi from October 2012. It was the first New Japan show available live to Western fans on the internet (via iPPV) and is arguably the starting point of the current boom. There's also a special element to the match which would be spoilery to talk about.

https://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00199_1_8

6 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Suzuki-Tanahashi from October 2012. It was the first New Japan show available live to Western fans on the internet (via iPPV) and is arguably the starting point of the current boom. There's also a special element to the match which would be spoilery to talk about.

https://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00199_1_8

Well thank you sir! I should also say that I owe you a personal thanks for your Powerslam article for years ago that you mentioned in your new book thread. It is such a dizzying place, that guide really helped me while I was there, and lit a fire under my ass to go there. It was very influential for me, so a doth of the cap! Thanks so much!