Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

How much of the old Raw / Nitro shows are available?  I'm definitely considering getting the Network when it's available properly over here, and was planning on trying to watch back the entire attitude era, but probably starting back from the very first Raw

How much of the old Raw / Nitro shows are available? I'm definitely considering getting the Network when it's available properly over here, and was planning on trying to watch back the entire attitude era, but probably starting back from the very first Raw

As a full run, Raw from the start to early August 95 is on there. There are episodes on there from afterwards (which were broadcast as 'Best of RAW) and there are 10 Attitude Era episodes being added this week, but not sure what timeframe they will cover (I.e 10 consecutive weeks are 10 random picks).

Nitro so far seems to have from the start to the end of 96 minus a couple of episodes (which will most likely be added soon) and it was said that the full of Nitro would be up by the end of September.

Watched the first two Nitros yesterday. The 1hr runtime, and in the modern era with NXT, makes everything so much easier to digest than a 3hr RAW. I've always thought 3hrs every Monday is far too long. You're essentially asking people to watch something the length of The Dark Knight Rises every week, and it just can't be done.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Hogan's not on the one after "Bash at the Beach", IIRC.

Aye, he's not. I watched it last night, very odd show. They really milked the Hogan turn, as they were right to. Everyone seemed disgusted and gutted with Hogan, and it completely fit the magnitude of that story direction. It made me think of when WWE embarrassingly did the same thing on an episode of Raw a couple of years ago with Big Show's 89746543th heel turn.

One thing as well, from watching this and the Monday Night Wars, is that scripted promos have helped more than they've hindered. In nineties WCW, the lack of direction in the promos is palpable, and Mean Gene's never too sure when someone's finished talking.

A few weeks after Bash at the Beach is the one at Disney/MGM where the Outsiders show up backstage and Nash chucks Rey Mysterio head-first into the trailer. Now I've seen clips of this for years, but had never seen the actual show until this week. It's a fantastic angle, completely made by the sell-job from... well, everyone. The managers, wrestlers, announcers. And when the ambulance shows up, they film it for an absolute age, totally in contrast to the pace of regular Nitro programming. Might be one for the most realistic angles thread actually.

Wonder if there are plans to put other WWE/WCW shows up eventually other than Raw, Smackdown and Nitro.

It would be great to at least see the pre Monday Night Wars A-shows on there to watch alongside the PPV's but I'm not going to get my hopes up, it would probably be a fuck ton of work sorting out and editing everything.

• Paid Members

From another Reddit poster, detailing the RAW episodes being added this week:

• March 28, 1998 - Night after WrestleMania 14 (start of the Attitude Era)
  • April 12, 1998 - Austin vs McMahon (first Raw to beat Nitro since March 20, 1996)
  • April 26, 1998 - DX Invades WCW
  • October 5, 1998 - Austin attacks McMahon in hospital
  • December 7, 1998 - Stone Cold saves Steph from The Undertaker
  • January 2, 1999 - Mankind vs The Rock for the WWF title
  • March 22, 1999 - Two Words. Beer Truck,
  • April 18, 1999 - The Funeral of Stone Cold Steve Austin
  • May 9, 1999 - Stone Cold & The Rock vs Undertaker & McMahon vs Triple H & Shane
  • August 9, 1999 - Y2J debut

Episodes from the Attitude Era already up are...

• May 4, 1998 - Cactus Jack vs Terry Funk
  • September 28, 1998 - Stone Cold on a Zamboni
  • October 12, 1998 - Austin Destorys McMahon's corvette
  • April 26, 1999 - Steph and Undertaker's wedding
  • September 27. 1999 - The Rock: This is Your Life
  • November 29, 1999 - Steph and Test's wedding
  • March 26, 2001 - McMahon buys WCW (last Raw of Attitude Era)

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, Onyx. Yeah, that DX invading WCW footage might be overplayed, but at least it's balanced out by stuff like Vince in hospital and the beer truck, which they've never shown since the initial airing. I only wish they'd uncover that episode where Austin fills Vince's car with cement.