Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members

The ending to JBL vs John Cena in a Parking Lot Brawl at Great American Bash 2008 (I think it was) is absolutely brutal. John Cena just gets hurled off the stage into a car windshield but it doesn't look gimmicked at all so he just sorta breaks into it and his arm and clothes are pitted in tiny little shards of glass and blood.

- Triple H, Stephanie McMahon and George Barrios participated in the Needham Fireside Chat event in New York City on Tuesday and revealed that WCW Nitro episodes will be added to the WWE Network beginning this fall alongside the Monday Night War series.

Source: PWInsider

That's awesome to hear. I wonder if they'll be added at the same pace that Raw is being added?

Well RAW is upto July 95 which is just months before Nitro debuted, so it would make sense to upload Nitro alongside them.

As the Monday Nights Wars is a 20 part series, they might upload a block of Nitro episodes from whatever timeframe each covers.

Personally, I'd be happy if they just upload them at the same pace they are doing with RAW. It's weird how one of the main things people have been looking forward to on WWE's Network is WCW's weekly TV

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Looks like the "new" Raws from 1995 are stopping next week and being replaced in the livestream with Smackdowns from the start.

Leading theory at the moment is they are putting old Raws on pause for a few weeks until the initial six month period ends, at which point they'll resume them with synchronised Nitro uploads, along with starting the Monday Night Wars documentary series, as part of the strategy to get people to renew.

EDIT: Update from the Observer is that the current plan is more ECW and World Class in September, Nitros starting in October (though it also lists that as "in around six weeks"), and "a lot more WCW TV content"  in January but it doesn't say what shows. There's also going to be a WWE Rivalries show starting as well as Monday Night Wars.

Edited by JNLister

Good to see some new content coming. It's annoying seeing people moan about the content available when the network is still in its first year, saying that WWE should just can it. I don't know how much they were expecting to there at launch, but it come across like they were expecting every single second from the vast library. Obviously, they haven't hit their targets as yet, but it's still a new thing and with time will improve assuming they keep a stable number of subscribers onboard to were they are at least breaking even

It was one of the main reasons I gave it a go along with the on demand PPV's. I missed the majority of Nitro and have a fair few WCW PPVs, so it would be nice to see the feuds play out on TV between the PPVs. Plus, eventually we're going to get to Nitro in 2000 and see the San Franciso 49ers Match, which is Russoriffic at its best/worst depending on your outlook

It was one of the main reasons I gave it a go along with the on demand PPV's. I missed the majority of Nitro and have a fair few WCW PPVs, so it would be nice to see the feuds play out on TV between the PPVs. Plus, eventually we're going to get to Nitro in 2000 and see the San Franciso 49ers Match, which is Russoriffic at its best/worst depending on your outlook

Now there's a WWE series I'd like to see "The Best & Worst of Russo". A weekly show highlighting one thing he did well and one think he royally fucked up.

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

If our network is the same as the american one were you can have the libary on your ipad or computer im in if its a sky channel then my missus isnt going to sit through all the old raws and nitros :-) so i wouldnt bother

Just watched the Cena/Lesnar special. Heyman was on top form throughout while Cena was pretty wooden and Brock showed why he has Heyman talking for him.

They listed what Brock had done since the 2012 Extreme Rules match (breaking Triple H's arm then the other one, breaking HBK's arm, beating the worlds strongest, cutting the worlds largest athlete down to size, beating the streak). No mention of the Punk feud, which is understandable, but beating the longest reigning champion in however many years would be another big achievement to list for Brock. But like I say I can understand why they have omitted it. They also did a great job editing the Undertaker match to make Brock look like he had broken him.

Enjoyable enough if you've got 30mins to kill, but not essential viewing by any stretch

Just watched the Cena/Lesnar special. Heyman was on top form throughout while Cena was pretty wooden and Brock showed why he has Heyman talking for him.

They listed what Brock had done since the 2012 Extreme Rules match (breaking Triple H's arm then the other one, breaking HBK's arm, beating the worlds strongest, cutting the worlds largest athlete down to size, beating the streak). No mention of the Punk feud, which is understandable, but beating the longest reigning champion in however many years would be another big achievement to list for Brock. But like I say I can understand why they have omitted it. They also did a great job editing the Undertaker match to make Brock look like he had broken him.

Enjoyable enough if you've got 30mins to kill, but not essential viewing by any stretch

It's a shame that WWE can't make specials of this nature "free to view" on the Network. Would double as a way to hype up the PPVs and also get people to try out the Network for themselves.

This coming Thursday at 1am UK time on the network, there is a new 'Original Special' entitled Journey To Summerslam focusing on Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns. This will be similar to the Daniel Bryan 'Journey To Wrestlemania XXX' special from earlier in the year.

Also, a graphic has been sent out with emails regarding Network renewals

Stating that The Monday Night Wars series will debut by the end of August, as well as confirming two other series; Rivalries (premiering October) and season two of Countdown (premiering in November)

Edited by WyattSheepMask