Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

Was listening to cornettes podcast, he said the best nwa/wcw stuff was pre 1989. Can anyone recommend me anything

• Paid Members

The Monday Night Wars program was entertaining enough. It's filled with all the half truths and daft digs you expect from a WWE production on this issue, which drags it all down a bit. Vince spends the time acting the victim and pretending he's above shady dealings.

• Paid Members
Was listening to cornettes podcast, he said the best nwa/wcw stuff was pre 1989. Can anyone recommend me anything

The pre 90's Bashes are among my favourite pops ever. Prefer them to the flagship Starcade's.

The Monday Night Wars program was entertaining enough. It's filled with all the half truths and daft digs you expect from a WWE production on this issue, which drags it all down a bit. Vince spends the time acting the victim and pretending he's above shady dealings.

Yeah, that's how I felt about it. Clearly a chance to show him as the man who toppled Turner and have Turner look an idiot in the process.

I forgot about WrestleMania Rewind and watched the Mayweather vs. Big Show one last night. I'd forgotten how quick those punches at No Way Out were and how much damage they did. Big Show chasing after him is a spectacle too. Great build and a great match. I'd love a decent celebrity match like that again - would have been nice for Mania 30 to have that to add some more glitz to it.

I hate the wwe network. Put on mania 5 last night on the laptop then set the little button gimmick on the one before the match I wanted to watch but noticed a bit of space in between but thought it would be OK. Sat down cracked a can and started on my kebab thinking, this is perfect I have my beer n food and will now enjoy these while watching the match. Nup! ! Within 2 minutes I was looking at run dmc doing the wrestlemania wrap!! So I had to get back up and switch it off. I need a wwe network with a remote.

I saw there was a new special uploaded for the Austin/Bret match at WM13, was looking forward to what people said about it but it's just the match with nothing added. I really hope this isn't the way things are going, less original content and being fobbed off with things we could have already watched.

• Paid Members
I saw there was a new special uploaded for the Austin/Bret match at WM13, was looking forward to what people said about it but it's just the match with nothing added. I really hope this isn't the way things are going, less original content and being fobbed off with things we could have already watched.

Yeah. I got at first to watch all the old PPVs I couldn't find elsewhere, but it was Legends House, Raw/PPV Pre and Post Shows and exclusive stuff like that keeping me interested. Now we probably won't get Season 2 of LH, Tough Enough doesn't look likely, they've toned down the Pre Shows and cancelled the Post Shows almost completely. I'll probably cancel once the subscription is up.

I think if they're going to show single matches on the live stream that's fine, but if they're going to add them to the on demand section then they should be matches that for one reason or another aren't already on it. There's surely thousands of matches they could upload as single matches that aren't part of a show that's been uploaded or might never be.

Did anyone see that WWE sent out a survey about the network to fans in Canada? It asked about fan interest in different promotions, namely:

* Stampede Wrestling (Calgary, Alberta): 1948-1989

* Grand Prix Wrestling (Montreal, Quebec): 1971-1975

* Border City Wrestling (Windsor, Ontario): 1993-Present

* ASW - All Star Wrestling (Montreal, Quebec): 1967-1975

* Northern Championship Wrestling (Montreal, Quebec): 1986 - Present

* Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling: (Moncton, New Brunswick) 1960s-1986

* NWA All Star Wrestling (Vancouver, British Columbia): 1960s-1989

* ECCW - Elite Canadian Championship Wrestling (Vancouver, BC): 1996-Present

* Maximum Pro Wrestling (Windsor and Toronto, Ontario): 2010-Present

Scott D'Amore, who runs Border City Wrestling and recently organised a GFW talent search, also owns the tape library to Grand Prix Wrestling. Interesting to see some current promotions on there. Someone on the LAW (I believe it was Pollock) mentioned the possibility of WWE doing something similar to Invicta on Fight Pass, giving Indies some airtime. I highly doubt it'll happen though.

Anyone know if that Best Of Nitro thing that was on last night was a newly-made thing for the Network or was it just a mish-mash of stuff from the 2 DVD's fronted by DDP? I realise a lot of it will be just that but was it just matches from the DVD's or was there more of a documentary thing to it?

• 3 weeks later...