Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

That was an excellent watch. I get the feeling that the "Rollins in trouble in NXT" stuff was embellished a bit to make it seem like all 3 had obstacles in their way. I'm sure everyone has at least one opponent when they're working their way up.

When they were profiling Roman and his family ties, did they mention that he's related to Rock? Thought that was funny that they didn't do so.

Really cool to see how the three developed as a team from when they debuted. They were the same gimmick but really grew leaps and bounds. 

Less $9.99 schtick, more of this stuff please!

• Paid Members

That was an excellent watch. I get the feeling that the "Rollins in trouble in NXT" stuff was embellished a bit to make it seem like all 3 had obstacles in their way. I'm sure everyone has at least one opponent when they're working their way up.

By coincidence, we have a piece by Rob Naylor  about Rollins in the next issue of FSM -- he was in NXT at the time, and his story pretty much matches what was in the documentary.

When they were profiling Roman and his family ties, did they mention that he's related to Rock? Thought that was funny that they didn't do so.

He's not related to him, except in the sense of all Samoan wrestlers considering themselves "brothers" or honorary family members.

Edited by JNLister

Great doc! Loved the bit about Rollins in nxt. I never got what credentials terry taylor ever had to relate to the jobs he's had over the years

Anybody?!

The bit with Seth Rollins was very interesting when he said he'd been ringing John Laurinaitis and not getting a reply and was about to sign somewhere else but gave him one last call and he answered. Am I right in assuming Seth was talking about TNA here or somewhere else?

Really wish they would update the ECW/WCCW TV sections more often.

This has probably already been asked and answered so sorry in advance but does anyone know how many episodes Monday Night War will last?

It's been said that there is going to more WCCW and ECW TV added towards the end of the year/early 2015.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that it was to be a 20 part series. Depends how in-depth they are going to get with the series. I wasn't too keen on the first episode. While yes there was some new talking heads, it did feature a lot of footage cobbled together from past releases/documentaries. The most recent comments from Ted Turner were from nearly 20 years ago. It wasn't bad, but not what I was expecting either.

I'm going to stick with it though, hopefully it will turn out ok.

On the flip side, I've just watched the Journey to Summerslam: Destruction of The Shield, which was a great watch and it was nice to see some of the outside footage for Ambrose and Rollins (footage from ROH, CZW, Dragon Gate USA all featured), while Reigns had some of his college foootball footage show. While it showed how Rollins and Ambrose clawed their way in from the indie scene, it didn't really shy away from Reigns just having a word with his dad and strolling into FCW because of it.

Other than that, a great watch. WWE should definitely be making more of this type of thing for the network, rather that Vickie Guerrero countdown thing

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Not sure how they plan to pad out 20 episodes but will probably stick it out.

Just finished watchin a really fun match between Tajiri an Mysterio from No Mercy 2003. I always forget just how good Tajiri could be.

Wish I could forget the god awful Vince and Stephanie feud.

- The first 100 hours of WCW Monday Nitro will be added to the WWE Network next week.

There will also be an Attitude Era theme with several RAW episodes and new episodes of The Monday Night War series added.

Also coming on Wednesday for Beyond The Ring is the documentary part of Jeff Hardy: My Life, My Rules DVD from 2009

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

It will be interesting to see how much the Nitro episodes will have been butchered. I imagine the WWE owns less of the WCW theme library than it does of its own, so it'll be disappointing (although necessary of course) to see if Chris Jericho comes out to his WWE theme music etc.

How many people here decided to renew their Network subscription? I'vr not renewed mine, but that's more down to me saving money than anything else. Was working through Raws and PPVs from the first episode until my account was cancelled. Raws have been pretty easy to digest other than Rob Bartlett. Royal Rumble '93 was a chore, though the opener was good.