Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

Watched the Cena vs Lesnar special last night, absolutely brilliant stuff. Got across the two characters and the issue brilliantly. They should have devoted half an hour of Smackdown to this.

It's a shame that WWE can't make specials of this nature "free to view" on the Network. Would double as a way to hype up the PPVs and also get people to try out the Network for themselves.

How would that work exactly? I think they definitely should get it out there for free, but I don't understand how it could be "free to view" on the network. Unless you get a network login for nothing, and everything except that special is behind a paywall.

It's a shame that WWE can't make specials of this nature "free to view" on the Network. Would double as a way to hype up the PPVs and also get people to try out the Network for themselves.

How would that work exactly? I think they definitely should get it out there for free, but I don't understand how it could be "free to view" on the network. Unless you get a network login for nothing, and everything except that special is behind a paywall.

Pretty much. 

You'd have a alternate front end to the Network that highlights the free documentary, then if they try to watch anything else they get redirected to a window that tries to up sell them to the network itself. It's also gives people the opportunity to see how well the service runs before they buy, which I can imagine is a big concern for many adopters.

It's effectively funnel marketing, which is something many digital services too... step 1... get their details (including email)... step 2... get their card details... step 3... get them to agree to the 6 months. Promoting the fact that this documentary is FREE and EXCLUSIVE on the Network effectively encourages step 1 (similar to how the free trials encouraged it during launch). 

• Paid Members

Summer slam was skipping like buggery when I watched it yesterday afternoon. No one else was using the web, and normally on the ps3 it's smooth as a lubed up eel.

• Awards Moderator

Shield Doc they put up yesterday:

http://vimeo.com/103970745

Thanks for sharing, that was really, really entertaining. Loved the use of CZW / ROH footage and the fact that they've already spliced in SummerSlam. Excellent stuff.

They really should do a 5 minute version for YouTube to push people towards the Network (I'm assuming they haven't already...)