Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Awards Moderator

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, Onyx. Yeah, that DX invading WCW footage might be overplayed, but at least it's balanced out by stuff like Vince in hospital and the beer truck, which they've never shown since the initial airing. I only wish they'd uncover that episode where Austin fills Vince's car with cement.

Lost gems indeed.

(You were exactly the person I had in mind when I replied!)

From another Reddit poster, detailing the RAW episodes being added this week:

• March 28, 1998 - Night after WrestleMania 14 (start of the Attitude Era)
  • April 12, 1998 - Austin vs McMahon (first Raw to beat Nitro since March 20, 1996)
  • April 26, 1998 - DX Invades WCW
  • October 5, 1998 - Austin attacks McMahon in hospital
  • December 7, 1998 - Stone Cold saves Steph from The Undertaker
  • January 2, 1999 - Mankind vs The Rock for the WWF title
  • March 22, 1999 - Two Words. Beer Truck,
  • April 18, 1999 - The Funeral of Stone Cold Steve Austin
  • May 9, 1999 - Stone Cold & The Rock vs Undertaker & McMahon vs Triple H & Shane
  • August 9, 1999 - Y2J debut

Episodes from the Attitude Era already up are...

• May 4, 1998 - Cactus Jack vs Terry Funk
  • September 28, 1998 - Stone Cold on a Zamboni
  • October 12, 1998 - Austin Destorys McMahon's corvette
  • April 26, 1999 - Steph and Undertaker's wedding
  • September 27. 1999 - The Rock: This is Your Life
  • November 29, 1999 - Steph and Test's wedding
  • March 26, 2001 - McMahon buys WCW (last Raw of Attitude Era)

Anyone recommend any cracking eps of nitro that are uploaded now?!

• Awards Moderator

Slightly offtopic, but I figured this was the best place to put it -- Netflix Canada now has quite a few of the WWE DVDs that aren't on Netflix US. (And, to go further offtopic, Netflix Brazil has a bunch of UFC.)

Thanks John, I've worked through the US library so I'll start on that :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

His PPV matches should be in the search. But the search tool is utterly useless. There's no point whatsoever using it and, seeing the vats majority of shows they put up don't have chapter marks, the chances are the search is never going to work properly.

But the search tool is utterly useless. There's no point whatsoever using it and, seeing the vats majority of shows they put up don't have chapter marks, the chances are the search is never going to work properly.

Agreed. I was searching for Bret Hart matches the other day (incidentally, you will also find a bunch of Bret Heart matches) and a lot of the search results are match conclusions. So you think you are selecting the match, but what actually comes up is the last few minutes of it. 

Have worked my way through Nitro episodes 92-95 before watching Superbrawl 1995 this morning.

Really enjoyed Superbrawl 1995. Perhaps moreso than when I watched it originally back in the day.

Now on Nitro episode 96 which incidentally is the first episode of 1996. Have to say the episodes are very tight and its great to see Regal, Guerrero, Malenko and Benoit wrestling some super matches.

In fact did Regal and Benoit ever have a bad match with each other? Their match on episode 96 was short but ever so sweet.

You can tell that WCW had something special with the one hour nitro format and was a company on the up at the time. Even Lex Luger seemed to be motivated.

Weird that there's no WWF RAW or Smackdown episodes from 2000 on the Network, there was some peaches that year I expected them to start adding during the attitude era week.

Benoit was all over a lot of the shows in 2000 though, suppose that could be a reason? Hasnt affected PPVs etc though,

Been watching Nitro from the start a bit today, never watched any Nitro before so its interesting to watch, hopefully wont have to wait too long till they get more up through 1997 etc.

Has there been any more talk on when the entire RAW  and SD! library will be on there? Dreaming for every episode ever, at least up to 2001, but I realise it's a big ask and might take a while.

• Paid Members

Slightly offtopic, but I figured this was the best place to put it -- Netflix Canada now has quite a few of the WWE DVDs that aren't on Netflix US. (And, to go further offtopic, Netflix Brazil has a bunch of UFC.)

Thanks John, I've worked through the US library so I'll start on that :thumbsup:

Yeah. there is a ton of stuff on the Canadian Netflix compared to us and the US.

Top 50 OMG Moments in WWE

History of the WWE Championship

Best of King of the Ring

Greatest Superstars of the 21st Century

WWE Ladder Match 2: Crash and Burn

WWE Greatest Cage Matches Of All Time

Very Best of WCW Monday Night Nitro

History of the Undertaker

Top 50 Superstars of All Time

John Cena Experience

Rise & Fall of WCW

Rey Misterio: Life of a Masked Man

Edge: Decade of Decadence

A Steve Austin documentary

Story of Edge

Twist of Fate: Jeff Hardy Story

Greatest Rivalries: Bret vs Shawn

Epic Journey of the Rock

WWE Macho Madness: Story of Randy Savage

Batista: I Walk Alone

Shawn Michaels Story: Heartbreak & Triumph

Hart & Soul: Hart Family Anthology

Big Show: A Giant's World

True Story of Wrestlemania: Volume 1 is there, but I don't see Volume 2.

It's weird when you look back at those episodes from Raw 1993-1994 they seem so dull now. But at the actual time i couldn't wait for Saturday's to watch WWF Mania at noon on Sky One with Todd Pettengill. As back then this show was our only source for watching Raw highlights as we didn't get the full episodes of Raw until September 1995 on Sky Sports at 5.00pm on a Friday (remember those days?) I think it's safe to say that Raw didn't become awesome until mid 1996 when we started to taste that flavor of Attitude.

I hope the Network continues to upload all Raw episodes in order because in my opinion 1996 is when the fun starts.

Edited by Lemon Juice

• Paid Members

Anybody know what the first Nitro that aired over here was on TNT in 1996? Some googling suggests it would have been a March episode but working through the episodes on the Network, the Feb 5th one I just watched with Sting/Luger vs The Road Warriors felt awfully familiar.

Edited by Benno