Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

Is there a screenshot of Kane in the tracksuit? I was only watching the weekend shows for most of '98 (until Survivor Series got me back in full-time), so I missed a lot of these little moments. I would never have thought they'd put Kane in a tracksuit then.

It's mental looking back the amount of odd bits of 'reality' shoehorned into the Raw scripts. He still looks far better than most of the other arrival vignettes at the time. Remember this was still the 90's. They all kitted about in pastel vests with giant pants, ponytails under a gym cap and pill bags around their waists.

Did the old unblock us today and signed up to this. Even though ive heard of all the content available its still pretty awe inspiring just looking through everything that is on there. Every single PPV from WWF/E WCW and ECW is just incredible to think about. For

Has there been any news on when more old raws and smackdowns will be added? Especially the attitude era and through 2002? I guess its just a matter of time before everything is on there over the next few years. Incredible.

They're showing Raw each week (2 episodes a week I think) from the beginning and will carry on doing so until they catch up with what's already on there I'd guess. They've just started 1995. They also show random 'historical' episodes from history, so there's a few from 97 onwards on there too. I would guess they will start showing Smackdown from the start when Raw gets to August 99, and maybe they'll start showing Nitro once Raw reaches that point too, and maybe that's when the Monday Night Wars show will start too.

I agree it's amazing how much of a bargain it is, and that there'll be so much more could be added over the years (with price increases I'm sure).

Edited by The Dart

Watched 'This Week in WWE' for the first time yesterday. Really good, a whistle-stop tour of all the important stuff on Raw, Smackdown, Main Event and NXT, all done within the hour. That's what I want!

Watched 'This Week in WWE' for the first time yesterday. Really good, a whistle-stop tour of all the important stuff on Raw, Smackdown, Main Event and NXT, all done within the hour. That's what I want!

The fact that that's on there is really making me consider getting rid of Sky Sports. I'll still get NXT, Superstars is on Sky One, as is Experience, and I can still watch Raw and Smackdown in full a month later.

• Paid Members

A suggestion then as you're already setup then for WWE network, why don't you save on Sky Sports and spend the fiver a month for Hulu Plus. Get 90 minute Raw and Smackdown morning after air and bags of other US TV shows.

Only difficult bit is paying but Unblock US have a guide (I use an Entropay card). Can even get a 2 month trial if you Google for offer codes.

Edited by Benno

Some general reflections so bear with :

Instead of mucking about spending ages trying to pick an odd PPV only to watch half an hour of it, I've decided since I pretty much have the week off I'm going to cut through WCW 1998 for absolutely no reason. It's a year I chose at random from a promotion that when I think about it realistically I still know very little about. I could give you a general overview but knowing the angles and matches month to month like I do with WWE? Not a chance.

I'm watching Uncensored right now. Souled Out was awful but Superbrawl was a lot of fun. Just silly little things like not knowing Dusty Rhodes was going to turn and join the nWo because I've literally never seen or heard of it happening before got a pop from me.

I find the lack of backstage action and vignettes makes the shows a bit of a trudge at times and WCW's vision mixers sure do love the sweeping pan from the top of the building shots. Just lots of little homogenized production hang ups which leaves the shows feeling kind of dry and plastic to me [i notice and care about this stuff and it's daft, I know]. The analytical commentary is quite good. Schiavone has that J.R. quality of really trying to come in to your home and make you glad you're watching. Brain's getting on but he's quips are still surprisingly few and far between. Tenay is actually quite good in his little encyclopedia role. When WWE seemingly never acknowledges it's recent past at times it's quite cool to hear him clarify that this is not the first time Konan and Juventud [a surprisingly likeable babyface without the mask] met because they fought at Fall Brawl in 96.

Jericho's really fun to watch honing his millennium man smart arse act in uterus. Booker's a real workhorse and looks at his best with the short hair and flaming trunks, to me. And every time I see Sting I just want to be Sting.