Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members

If you're a live stream watcher, they're doing an unscheduled special tonight at 1am our time with highlights of Warrior's HOF speech and Raw appearance then Hogan-Warrior from WrestleMania in full.

• Paid Members

The Bryan documentary was really good. A great mix of a work and shoot, which is what they've done for the 'Mania build.

Bryan and Cena are about the nicest two blokes on the planet, going by this. When this finished I re-watched the Bryan matches at 'Mania and decided it's probably my favourite 'Mania ever. It's a shame this great 'Mania week was capped off by the death of Warrior, it's been really fun otherwise.

Echoing the love for the Daniel Bryan documentary. One of the very few headline starts to have seemingly no gimmick hang ups clouding the ego in civilian life. Just an incredibly decent, humble bloke.

And more of this, please! WWE's documentaries are the best around when they are not the usual superstar biopics doing the whole story everybody knows already anyway, basically doing a Wikipedia page in 90 minutes with Miz talking headery.

I'd love to see a Mania Of WrestleMania style show following each and every PPV. It might seem like a big ask but they have the cameras and they have the talent. You wouldn't have to do much else. I'd eat up semi kayfabed 'tales' of each show. It would add massively to their importance. At least do it for the big ones. The original Mania Of WrestleMania is a fine, fine documentary and I always thought they would continue it on. Seeing daft shit like what the gorilla position for WrestleMania XIX was like and the atmosphere backstage gave the event a much wider berth in my mind.

We got a taste of that in the Daniel Bryan special but to also echo what JNLister said awhile back fuck me I need to see some sort of dressing room/chill out area footage of all the talent and agents reacting to the 'Taker match.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Anyone else having trouble accessing the network today? Getting "Media not available" on everything. Even December To Dismember 2006. I was only on that page for research purposes...

Edit: Laptop only; PS3 working fine.

Edited by matbro1984

Echoing the love for the Daniel Bryan documentary. One of the very few headline starts to have seemingly no gimmick hang ups clouding the ego in civilian life. Just an incredibly decent, humble bloke.

And more of this, please! WWE's documentaries are the best around when they are not the usual superstar biopics doing the whole story everybody knows already anyway, basically doing a Wikipedia page in 90 minutes with Miz talking headery.

I'd love to see a Mania Of WrestleMania style show following each and every PPV. It might seem like a big ask but they have the cameras and they have the talent. You wouldn't have to do much else. I'd eat up semi kayfabed 'tales' of each show. It would add massively to their importance. At least do it for the big ones. The original Mania Of WrestleMania is a fine, fine documentary and I always thought they would continue it on.

I'm fairly sure that documentary cost them quite a lot of money. They don't have the cameras for it. They used film cameras, which hilariously (well, to me) confused Dillkid into thinking that every WrestleMania was shot on film and could thus be released in full HD on Bluray. It was WWE Films' first sole project and flopped. It was supposed to get a cinema or TV release or something, but nobody wanted it so they had to stick it as a DVD extra.

They could probably do something like this Bryan doc every month with the network, but the costs might outweigh the rewards, for guys like Sheamus it cannibalises the appeal of a future DVD doc, plus it waters down the concept after a bit. Do we really want to see an hour of Uso B preparing for his match at Payback and talking about how he used to wear yellow sunglasses watching his dad dance on telly?

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

I think Mania of WrestleMania aired on UPN. They were clearly looking at some sort of theatrical release as they had a load of deleted scenes on different subjects but the finished thing was 45 minutes for TV.

• Paid Members

Couple of changes to the usual schedule on Tuesday. Countdown, which is meant to be tag teams next, isn't on. Instead it's the first of a four part tribute to Warrior, plus a new show called WrestleMania 30 Fallout which is "A 4 part series focusing on the matches from WrestleMania 30 with post-WrestleMania interviews." I'm hoping for 30 straight minutes of backstage reaction shots at the end of Undertaker-Lesnar.

WrestleMania Rewind is Michaels-Jericho.

I've just popped One Night Only on to find a lovely 90s "You're watching Sky Box Office" promo at the beginning. I found it quite remarkable that WWE saw fit to keep this in, as if the only copy they had was the one they taped off the telly.

• Awards Moderator
I've just popped One Night Only on to find a lovely 90s "You're watching Sky Box Office" promo at the beginning. I found it quite remarkable that WWE saw fit to keep this in, as if the only copy they had was the one they taped off the telly.

I heard from my Silver Vision days that was true. Out of respect (no, really) the original WWF masters were destroyed.

I don't understand that at all, because the version on the network isn't even the full show. Why have they edited down the Sky Box Office tape? Do WWE not have the Undertaker vs Bret Hart match at all anymore?

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

They've got it. But I remember they released an edited version of it, and cut out the Bret vs Undertaker match, because Bret was on the shit list so if they were going to cut anything, might as well have been his match. I remember Bret having a good old moan about this in an interview about a decade ago. Its one of the reasons he put it on his DVD. Maybe putting this version of it on the Network is an oversight.