Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members
Here is an article on the guy behind the video packages, Adam Pennucci. Based solely on the three videos detailed in the article alone this guy needs to go into the Hall Of Fame. Probably one of the most important guys in that company.

Here is an article on the guy behind the video packages, Adam Pennucci. Based solely on the three videos detailed in the article alone this guy needs to go into the Hall Of Fame. Probably one of the most important guys in that company.

:thumbsup:

That's a great read. I remember now Shawn Michaels outing him during his retirement speech. Definitely an MVP for the company.

Yep, he's absolutely phenomenal. Triple H, Stephanie, Vince, Cena, maybe Kevin Dunn... Apart from them, Adam Pennucci going would probably be the biggest blow to WWE. It's cool when people do acknowledge him in speeches, Shawn Michaels made a point to do it once or twice that Pennucci had made him look so much better than he really was.

One thing I've really liked on WrestleMania Today in the discussion about The Shield is mentioning about how at first Ambrose was the leader, then Reigns, now Rollins. WWE has done great by Seth Rollins over the last couple of months to ensure he won't be forgotten once The Shield splits, and he's definitely warranted that with his performances too.

• Paid Members

I've learned A.J Lee turns into a complete mush-mouth when interviewed live. Keep playing with that microphone sister. Sheamus was pretty bad earlier on when he realised that in putting over Andre he'd started burying Hogan, Warrior and Savage and began to panic.

Edited by gmoney

WWE (NYSE:WWE) today announced that WWE Network has 667,2871 subscribers and is well on its way to reaching its goal of 1 million subscribers by the end of 2014 just 42 days after launching in the U.S.

They've got to be pretty happy with that. Be interesting to see how many buys Mania gets on traditional PPV channels.

For some reason in my head I assumed they wanted 1 million subscribers the day after WrestleMania. For some reason I also assumed the fraction of the weekly fanbase who would immediately migrate to the Network would be much higher than that figure. If you're WWE how do you make this grow going forward? More archive content and more original content, yeah, but you would reckon most people make their minds up fairly early what to do with it. I can see them reaching a million and then having a bit of stagnancy with the growth of the platform as long as Raw will still be on the telly.

They've really got to make PPV a go to destination again, haven't they. After years of them being inconsequential. There's a knob in me that is looking at a lot of people who haven't bought it thinking "tight cunts" ;).

over 60% to their 12 month break-even target in just over 6 weeks, they have to be happy with that. Don't they have to reach 500,000 subscribers when they launch internationally to continue breaking even? really hope that they do reach the figures they want so that The Network is a success, some expected teething problems to start with, but its been pretty great so far

There's a knob in me that is looking at a lot of people who haven't bought it thinking "tight cunts" ;).

Or that they just aren't Americans?

Maybe it's Americans I'm looking at. Either way that comment was intentionally a bit of a jape.

That is not a good number. Proof in the fact of that is the ass has fallen of WWE stock. It's dropped by 6 dollars after they released that number and people are selling. WWE won't be happy with that number although they would never publicly acknowledge that. I think they were looking to get over a million from the start. When u consider that WM was only 9.99 they shoild really have hit a million with ease. Also, how many of that number are people overseas who have the Network. I would think theres a decent chance that it could be in the tens of thousands. Not the news the WWE wanted!

over 60% to their 12 month break-even target in just over 6 weeks, they have to be happy with that.

They can't be. The number surely won't grow much from what it is now -- if anything, they might have less at the end of the year, once the first six month obligations are up. "WrestleMania for $10" was the big draw for the network. They've got three quarters of the year left to convince people to buy it (and apparently there are still a lot of luddites who are phoning their cable companies asking for it), but I'm not so sure that the number's going to increase by a third.

over 60% to their 12 month break-even target in just over 6 weeks, they have to be happy with that.

They can't be. The number surely won't grow much from what it is now -- if anything, they might have less at the end of the year, once the first six month obligations are up. "WrestleMania for $10" was the big draw for the network. They've got three quarters of the year left to convince people to buy it (and apparently there are still a lot of luddites who are phoning their cable companies asking for it), but I'm not so sure that the number's going to increase by a third.

Remember their 1 million target includes their major overseas markets where the Network isn't officially available yet.

I can see it growing, the price of every PPV in the states is insane, once people know Mania went off without a hitch it might push more people to subscribe. There will also be more original content which they will be pushing on the TV shows.

• Paid Members

Remember their 1 million target includes their major overseas markets where the Network isn't officially available yet.

I can see it growing, the price of every PPV in the states is insane, once people know Mania went off without a hitch it might push more people to subscribe. There will also be more original content which they will be pushing on the TV shows.

I don't think that the million includes those markets, as it's a target for the end of 2014.