Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

Slam City on the Network is also on Sky Sports tonight, in the event anyone who would want to watch it doesn't have the Network.

They're all on youtube as well. Seems various Youtube channels have the rights to them. Cartoonium, Kabillion, there's even at least one on Sky Sports' Youtube.

• Paid Members
Slam City on the Network is also on Sky Sports tonight, in the event anyone who would want to watch it doesn't have the Network.

They're all on youtube as well. Seems various Youtube channels have the rights to them. Cartoonium, Kabillion, there's even at least one on Sky Sports' Youtube.

Slam city is now being scheduled as a filler around WWE content on Sky sports, much like 'From the Vault'.

• Paid Members
WHY PPVS ARE DISAPPEARING FROM THE WWE NETWORK AND MORE NETWORK NOTES

By Mike Johnson on 2014-03-21 16:00:06

We've received a lot of emails in regards to PPVs disappearing from the WWE Network, only for them to pop up within a day or so. From speaking to a WWE source, it's case of WWE updating the versions they originally used to a final version - in many cases the mastered versions were for the Classics on Demand VOD channel and were edited (specifically cursing) for all audience while the Network, with parental controls, doesn't need to have the same concerns.

There's also an interesting situation brewing, as we discussed on the We Don't Need No Stinkin' Name Show a few days back in the Elite section, in regard to music that was co-written and performed by James Papa from WCW in the early 1990s as well as Michael Hayes' old "Badstreet USA" theme song. WWE Network has been pulling PPVs down and replacing them with versions using Papa's music, which would seem to indicate the two sides have come to some sort of settlement in his lawsuit against the company over the use of the music and trademarks. As of 3/17, when the PPVs began to be changed, there had been no notice of a settlement with the court, so we'll have to see what goes down.

Ian sent word that a number of Legends of Wrestling panels have been added to the VOD section.

ECW and WCW PPVs have been moved to the Vault section of the Network. One some devices, they are listed in both the PPV and Vault areas and on some, are now listed only in the Vault.

• Paid Members

Who's idea was the whole Starrcade 1997 ending? It was a fucking shambles. Even the original plan going well would have been shit. Sting needed a clean win and what he got was bullshit.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it was cut out of the original video release, which is what they've used on the Network.

I assume they cut it out for the same reason as WCW did a lot of PPVs at 2 hours, namely that because NTSC uses tape at a different speed, the equivalent of our standard 3 and 4 hour tapes was 2 hours and 2:40 in the US, so going above 2 hours was more expensive. WWF wasn't normally so stingy about doing that, but may have figured it One Night Only wouldn't be a big seller.

I had a feeling about that, but I remembered having a video of One Night Only at some point and that match was there, so wasn't entirely sure.

It's a shame really, as I thought it was far away the best match on the show, and also thought it was far better than any other match that the two had. Still a good show without it though, so I'll live.

Watched Backlash 2000 in its entirety. Undercard was alright, got a bit muddy in the middle. There was a 6 man hardcore match that had a ton of headshots in that got absolutely zero reaction from the crowd. Bradshaw looking badass before he was outed as a republican. Trish flirting with Michael Cole, who does a great job of not staring at her boobs as she moves them ever closer to his face until Albert intervenes. "TNA" get a lot of mentions during the match against the dudleys, I know it wasn't around then, but still. Trish distracts Bubba by snogging him, T&A win but then Trish goes through the table.

Benoit-Jericho for the IC title, which went on second from last and was the longest match on the card, was a damn good match, though they did a schmozz finish which really took away from it. I don't think I could ever get tired of that main event. Vince working the crowd before the match, going on about "card subject to change" and saying that Austin would not be there tonight. Triple H at his most hated and when he never lost. The Rock being The Rock, what a reaction he gets, with the entrance music when it was great and not horribly overproduced. Shane is a hoot as the biased guest ref, Patterson & Briscoe run in, then Austin's music hits and the place comes unglued. I started having a physical reaction at this point, all my hairs were standing on end, then Rock hits the spinebuster to set up the people's elbow and there's water coming out of my tear ducts. I'm not actually crying but the end of this match has literally (Jamie) brought tears to my eyes. Then Linda comes down with Earl, pushes Steph over and Rock wins. I was so hyped I had to go for a run.